Talk

Advanced search

Twins Website

(5 Posts)
Suedonim Tue 13-Nov-01 20:03:24

Has anyone seen this website about the frequency of twins? It claims most babies will be Twins by the year 2127

Clarinet60 Fri 20-Sep-02 20:03:24

Thanks for this suedonim, v. interesting. My new ds was a twin, but we lost one at 8 weeks gestation, so twins are close to my heart.

monkey Tue 24-Sep-02 13:09:56

Snap, droile. I try not to think about it, but I do sometimes wonder.

Even the loss was wierd, for want of a better word, because i was so devastated to be miscarrying, and the total joy and relief to be told I was still pregnant...

A very confusing & emotional situation. Like I said, I try not to think about it, but it is a subject close to my heart. When I had 2nd ds, I made sure they had a good look round during the scan to make sure they didn't miss a 2nd one.

Clarinet60 Tue 24-Sep-02 15:31:12

I felt like this too, monkey. It was joy and devastation mixed, because we thought it was a total miscarriage, and there was this heartbeat ... You're the first person I've found that it's happened to too. I found it difficult to get excited about ds2 all through the pregancy, because he was threatened for ages and I didn't dare get attached. Like you, I try not to think about it too much, but I do sometimes wonder what it would have been like to have twins and what sex the other was.
Are you going to tell ds he was a twin when he's older? We will, partly because these things have a habit of coming out when you live in a small community and also because I think he has a right to know.

janh Tue 24-Sep-02 20:25:33

I know somebody who lost one of identical twins, though I think hers was at term, because they named them both. She says her daughter always seemed to know, from a tiny baby, that she was missing something.

Join the discussion

Registering is free, quick, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Get started »