Talk

Advanced search

surprise pregnancy

(3 Posts)
StickThemWithThePointyEnd Sat 01-Oct-11 10:57:37

I had ds2 at the beginning of may and found out on the 8th of september that I was pregnant again.
as I am on antidepressants and have complex mh issues my gp arranged a scan quickly that showed two sacs between 4 and 5 weeks.
since then I have had two more scans and am now officially 7+2 with dcda twins.

I am worried about how things are going to work out. We will have 4 under 3s in a three bed house. I have EDS and my body already coped badly with my last pregnancy. I have no idea how you feed two babies at once, or if I will ever sleep again.

otoh, I am excited about babies and think it will be great when they are all older...

harrygracejessica Sat 01-Oct-11 21:43:29

I had 5 kids in 4 year and 1 month an yes its flipping bedlam but its great (apart from the cost of clothes lol)

Im on my 2nd set of twins now and with my first set your worries were the same as mine lol. I dont feed mine together, I feed one and then wake the other - i like to use feeding for bonding time and non of mine have been great feeders!! my first 2 were 7 weeks early and 2nd set were 4 weeks prem. All 7 of us are in a 3 bed at the moment - I just keep telling myself years ago there were alot more people in the same size house lol

PrincessScrumpy Sat 15-Oct-11 21:59:08

Congratulations.

My twins are 6w id girls and sleep far better than dd1 ever did (now 3). We have a 3 bed house and dd1 is adamant that once dtds go into beds she wants them to sleep in her room and keep the 3rd bedroom as a playroom (would be fab if it worked but time will tell).

At the moment they are in a cotbed together in our room and dd1 keeps sneaking up with a pillow and blanket and sleeping on the floor under the cot! We're going with it until dtds go to their own room, then everyone will be in their own beds - dd1 has been told this!

Feeding-wise, I bf one at a time as I haven't got on with tandem feeding, although we might have to resort to bottles soon, but that's another, emotional, story.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now