Talk

Advanced search

Triplets! Advice needed please.

(4 Posts)
kentDee Fri 30-Sep-11 11:31:46

Hello. I had my nuchal and dating scan yesterday. We were told we were expecting 3 babies! 2 identical twins and one single baby. After the shock of seeing 3 babies on screen a consultant was called in. Basically there a few problems they picked up. Triplet 3 has increased nuchal translucency which they told us may be an early sign of twin to twin transfusion syndrome. One of the other babies has his bowel outside of the stomach.
I have to return next week for another scan to see if things have improved plus to talk about the future! [her words not mine] Myself and my husband are petrified. I didn't sleep a wink last night and can't stop crying either.
Has anyone any experience of this? Im glued to the internet trying to get my head round this plus feel Im still in shock.

instantfamily Fri 30-Sep-11 12:29:11

Congratulations! .... and you can survive triplets! it's actually a beautiful thing and at some point you start to wonder if parents of single children don't get terribly bored. Do you have children already?

I found that tripletconnection.org gave a LOT of really useful information (that you cannot necessarily get on here as there are just not enough of us triplet mums around) plus obviously tons of mums in similar/same situation. it IS american and kind of "hun-y" but, again, lots of useful info. someone also recommended TAMBA.

I hope all goes well with your pregnancy and birth.

GibberingGinger Fri 30-Sep-11 13:22:20

Congratulations. I don't know much about triplet pregnancies, but there are a few triplet mums on this topic so hopefully they will be able to give some good advice to you. There is a thread in the pregnancy topic on TTTS which a few ladies who have been through TTTS talk, you might be able to get advice there too.

I'm sure you are on shock with it all at the moment, it's a lot of information to take in all at once. Hope everything goes ok. And beware of Google - often it gives worst case situations.

triplets Sun 02-Oct-11 23:32:53

Once you get your head around it you will feel sooo proud and special! Mine are now 13 and are just lovely. Harder work now than when they were babies you just enjoy every minute, three times over!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now