Talk

Advanced search

Kari me sling and twins - mamachoc?

(6 Posts)
WalterFlipschicks Mon 22-Aug-11 15:50:23

i bought a kari me sling on Mamachocoholics reccomendation, its excellent, the boys fall asleep within seconds but, my back is agony!
I put them both in one astride the left crossover, one astride the right crossover then bring the front bit (with the logo) up over them to secure.
My boys are 9lb ish each now and it seems all the weight is on my shoulders.
I watched a video on youtube on how o strap twins into a sling so thats how i do it.
Any tips on how to make it easier on the back?
TIA

WalterFlipschicks Mon 22-Aug-11 17:31:29

Bump

WalterFlipschicks Tue 23-Aug-11 08:13:49

Anyone?

LalaDipsey Tue 23-Aug-11 14:58:16

Hi WalterFC
I can't answer for twins (yet - as they are still 'cooking'!) but I carried my dd in a fabric sling (a Moby-D) and found it was easier on my back if it was done quite tightly and the straps over my shoulders were stretched out so the fabric was very wide there. HTH just a little
Lala

lexbm Wed 24-Aug-11 09:13:07

I agree with LalaDipsey, the width of the straps on your shoulders makes a huge difference in how weight is spread and makes the stretchy wraps much more comfortable. But there is also an absolute limit of how much weight you should carry on your front. I think two 9 pounders is probably close to that limit, unless you are sitting comfortably or having them on for just a short while. I am going to try putting one on my back as many mums I have seen in Africa do this, and I even remember sleeping on my nannys back. Although here they recommend you only do it when they have good head/neck control. Good luck!

WalterFlipschicks Wed 24-Aug-11 15:24:55

Oh thanks so much for that, i will make sure the straps are spread well, i could strap one on the front andone on the back, ill give it a go.
Thanks again

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now