Talk

Advanced search

34w with id twins and have stong period type pains

(12 Posts)
PrincessScrumpy Fri 12-Aug-11 13:14:25

I was in hospital last week as I was having contractions but not dilating. They calmed it all down and I've been fine until today. I woke up uncomfortable, with no appetite and feeling nuseaus. I ate breakfast as I thought I might be hungry and felt a bit better. Now I have a constant period-type pain but strong (nothing like the contractions I had last week). Is it just the babies moving? I feel really rubbish and tearful. Any advice?

RollingInTheAisles Fri 12-Aug-11 13:15:21

I would call your midwife, just to be sure.

colditz Fri 12-Aug-11 13:16:03

call yourmidwife. It's not unusual to labour early with twins

PrincessScrumpy Fri 12-Aug-11 13:21:17

Just called Mw and she told me to take paracetamol. She couldn't have sounded less interested if she tried. Am now blubbing and I'm not even sure why.

RollingInTheAisles Fri 12-Aug-11 19:10:24

Hmm, I'm sure you're fine but that would have upset me too. If you continue to be worried perhaps go to A&E? Always a joy on a Friday night so would go early if you need to.

LaVitaBellissima Sun 14-Aug-11 20:24:28

Only just seen this PrincessScrumpy how are you doing? any new arrivals to announce?

You've done really well to get to 34 weeks with id twins anyway, mine came at 34&3 and we were out after 5 nights smile

Hope it's all going well for you, come back with an update soon!

PrincessScrumpy Mon 15-Aug-11 12:24:05

No babies yet, feeling huge and uncomfortable and generally bruised and battered. I just want them out so maybe it was wishful thinking. I know it's better for the babies to stay put but my bump is all out front (I don't look pg from behind) and I can barely stand. Caring for a 3.5-year-old is terrible as I feel guilty for not playing with her enough. I did manage an hour of playdough on the floor this morning. My cs is booked for 37w and 2.5 weeks seems like a lifetime away and a lot more time for them to grow - rally can't see how I can get bigger! Poor dh has to listen to me moan every evening - I'm usually so active, I'm really frustrated I can't do things. I just keep hoping my waters will go - then feel really selfish for thinking that. Sorry, grump over.

Happygomummy Mon 15-Aug-11 12:34:31

i can't offer you any words of wisdom, just some empathy )though i didn't have twins)

i found it hard enough with a 16 month old when i was 9 months pregnant so i just can't imagine how hard it is with twins, and a 3.5yr old

i have such rose tinted memories of being pregnant (i had reasonably trouble free pregnancies) but i can remember the last month being such hard hard work (i made the mistake of trying out a garden chair in john lewis, but when i sat down it turned out to be one of these chairs that left you virtually sitting on the ground. i thought i was going to have to shout for help but ended up managing to crawl out on all fours! oh the embarrassment!

hang in there and lots of luck

and of course, congratulations!

LaVitaBellissima Mon 15-Aug-11 15:55:01

Poor you sad honestly I remember rolling to lie on my stomach for the first time (a few days after my cs) and it feeling amazing, those aches and pains really do melt away, you have my sympathy.

My consultant had me booked in for a section at 36 weeks, that was at Queen Charlottes where the multiple birth foundation is. They reccomend 36 weeks, might be worth speaking to your consultant, maybe you could get pushed up a week. When is your appointment?

WeddingGirl Mon 15-Aug-11 20:38:29

I can sympathise with you completely, and I'm 3 weeks behind! Getting so uncomfortable, and all lumps and bumps when they start sticking bits out!!

PrincessScrumpy Tue 16-Aug-11 17:01:51

My hospital guideline says 37w. Plus it would make them oldest in the school year and not youngest - though I through caring about that! smile

LaVitaBellissima Sun 21-Aug-11 19:52:38

How are you doing PS?

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now