Talk

Advanced search

Brown spotting with twins ...should i be worried???

(6 Posts)
frazzled2mummy Thu 11-Aug-11 18:10:49

Hi, Didnt know where else to turn Im 11 weeks and 6 day pg with twins. I have 2 dc already and never had any spotting with either. Today I have had a brown discharge and am feeling a little anxious, but not to the point where i fancy a trip to A and E. Ive read that this is old blood, but could it be Ive lost or am losing one of the twins??? I have my scan on Monday. Should I just wait or perhaps call the midwife tomorrow? I feel theyd probably just say wait till Mon, has anyone else experienced this?

Gastonladybird Thu 11-Aug-11 18:21:07

Call MW but I have had brown spotting with single pregnancy and so far so good. Also had friend with twins who had this- all was ok but do get it checked out.

Mil lost a twin - it was more than just spotting (she thought had completely mc ) so I would get proper advice rather than worrying.

WeddingGirl Thu 11-Aug-11 20:23:19

I had that at about 12 weeks, continued on and off for about a month. Definitely phone the MW and get it checked out (Monday is still a long way away when you are worried!) I was lucky that the consultant told me nothing to worry about (now 30 weeks with ID twins and nothing since).

PrincessScrumpy Thu 11-Aug-11 21:04:04

I had this a few times and it's actually how they discovered I was expecting twins as I had an early scan. Best to get checked but brown is good - bright red is the time to worry - apparently. I'm now 34w pg with ID twins x

frazzled2mummy Thu 11-Aug-11 21:22:26

Thanks everyone. It seems to have stopped now but will give mw a call in the morn just to double check. I had scan at 7 & 9 wks and both were ok they're fraternal twins. Fingers crossed all ok x

AtLongLast Thu 11-Aug-11 21:38:01

Definitely worth getting checked if you feel anxious enough that you'd just worry from now til Monday as there's no easy answer. Apparently bleeding is more likely with twins though. I had 2 red bleeds (12 & 15 wks) with my twins. This time I didn't know I was pg (singleton) until 8wks as I had what I thought were light periods each month at the right time & in both cases all was fine. Good luck!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now