Talk

Advanced search

Baby monitors

(5 Posts)
WeddingGirl Wed 27-Jul-11 20:26:01

Hi everyone, I'm new to this so please bear with me with abbreviations! I'm 28 weeks pregnant with ID twin girls, and also have a 22 mth old DD. We need to get a second baby monitor, and have wondered about the ones with the sensor mats. I'm planning the babies will sleep in the same cot to start with, and presume they would need a sensor mat each - has anyone used one with twins, or do they only work well if in separate cots? Any advice appreciated!! Thanks smile

mamadivazback Thu 28-Jul-11 10:12:48

Hi and congratulations smile

I have not used a mat before but having lived iwth twins who shared a cot I would say I doubt it would work effectively as you would need 2 mats and the girls would be rolling onto each others and if the worst was to happen then you may miss a vauable oppertunity as the other is stopping the sensor from going off.

I hope that makes sense (it does in my head grin), but if you would feel safer doing this then it would work for a few months until they started wriggling a lot.

WeddingGirl Thu 28-Jul-11 19:35:52

Hi, thanks a lot, that was what I thought too! But thought it was worth asking. Any advice on which standard baby monitors to recommend? I've currently got the BT DECT 150, which is great, but doesn't seem to have a choice of frequencies (so if I got a 2nd, not sure if it would interfer). We have very thick walls, so it needs a good range!

londonmum123 Thu 28-Jul-11 21:19:06

Hi, just picking up on your last comment. We've got two BT 150s - one for our 2 year old and another for our 3 month old twins. They work perfectly and don't interfere.

Congratulations!

rattling Thu 28-Jul-11 21:29:56

God this is going to be vague - but there is a thing you can buy that the baby wears clipped in her nappy which works in the same way as a mat - notices when movement stops. I think it even gives a little jiggle to prod the baby back into activity.

I looked into it as my boys were 8 weeks prem and I loved the reassurance of all the SCBU gadgets, but eventually decided it was too expensive and a bit mad when the boys were entirely healthy (so instead kept sticking my face in theirs just to check they were still breathing.)

Ah! Random googling has revealed Monitor. I looked at a different one I think - may have been on the Bliss website?

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now