Talk

Advanced search

Washing machines and dryers

(5 Posts)
tiggersreturn Thu 21-Jul-11 15:45:09

What do you have? We're buying a house and need to get one. With ds I had a bosch which I really liked. Then lived somewhere with a miele which I didn't think was that great or at least not double the price good. Interested in what other people have.

Acceptableintheeighties Fri 22-Jul-11 15:26:45

Zannussi are fab, reasonably priced and reliable.

Would recommend as big a drum and spin speed as you can get.

Also, a front filter is great as can easily unclog yourself without having to get a repairman out to remove the back like many machines need!

Tumble driers I would say you only need a hot and cool temp and obviously a big drum to take the whole wash from your big drum washing machine!

urbanproserpine Wed 17-Aug-11 22:58:07

Washing machines: worth paying for. Tumble dryers: cheap and cheerful. The man in John Lewis could not tell me a good reason to buy the one that cost £400 v the £150 one. There isn't much engineering in a tumble dryer.

Washing machine: Agree largest capacity as possible. I try so hard to keep my washing down, but twins are three now, plus five year old, and I do at least one large load a day. confused

jassinkernow Thu 18-Aug-11 14:15:41

Also, check the average speed of a cycle. We have a Zanussi and the cycle I use most is 1 hr 46mins. On my last machine it was 57 mins - makes a big difference. That said, the new one works. Our washing machine is a pretty good one, tumble drier cheap and cheerful.
also, get a quick wash cycle - it is a lifesaver when they're sick on their favourite soft toy!!!

WithManyTots Sat 10-Sep-11 22:17:51

The difference between a £400 and £150 tumble dryer is often the energy they use. An expensive one can easily save 45p per load over a cheap one. It doesn't sound much, but with twins + 1 all under 4, ours is on almost every day, every week. At 10p per unit of electricity, that come out as a saving of about £100 pounds per year... £500 pounds over the 5 year warranty period and that assumes electricity stays this cheap/expensive. As a bonus, our super efficient one, and yes quite expensive one, is also super quiet..

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now