Talk

Advanced search

city mini double - anyone recommend it?

(5 Posts)
tiggersreturn Sun 10-Jul-11 22:53:31

I'm expecting dts in september (they'll be no. 2 and 3 in our family - ds is 4). I was planning on borrowing a friend's buggy which they used for their dts (out n about) but got it home today to discover that it will barely fit in the car boot. Since it's cheaper to get a new buggy than a new car and we can put this off until dts are in stage 1 seats I'm considering the above on the grounds that I borrowed my neighbours to see how that fitted and there was room for shopping too.

Has anyone used one with twins and if so what were your experiences? Any good? How long was it good for? What are the faults?

I'm really not precious about buggies and prefer cheap practical solutions. Since I'll need a full time nanny this time (when I go back to work) and also finally drive one that fits in a car boot is more important than going on buses easily.

accessorizequeen Mon 11-Jul-11 14:12:50

Hi tiggers, I sold my city mini a couple of months ago as we weren't using it much now dts are 2.8. They would have fitted in for longer.
I really rated it, v easy to fold up, lies flat so with sheepskins etc use from birth, enough storage, fairly easy to push although I find 3 wheelers better and used my Mountain buggy for most walks. The sunshades are fab. Faults, I found the baskets hard to get things in and out, the straps awkward to adjust and the raincover is rubbish although the sunshades make up for it, also handle can be a bit uncomfortable and it's hard to get a bag to fit it (ended up using buggy buddy and rucksack). Seemed well made, and sold it on easily enough HTH.

tiggersreturn Mon 11-Jul-11 14:21:15

Thanks that's great! The out n about was very easy to push there's just no way it would fit in our current car comfortably. I'm now wondering if I could find a city mini cheaply for times we go away and keep out n about for our usual day to day walking in area. Just have to sell the idea to dh and find storage space for 2 buggies...... hmm

accessorizequeen Mon 11-Jul-11 17:05:32

Are you on Tamba, city minis pop up there, I sold mine that way. Any old-style ones (before carrycots I think) might be cheaper but I don't think there's that much difference. I found having 2 buggies fab in the early days, one parked in the car and one in the house for naps or walks. Or go for a maclaren double etc that will easily fit in the car, they're cheaper and more easily available?

tiggersreturn Mon 11-Jul-11 21:10:43

Not yet but I think I may be about to join grin. Thanks for the advice.

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: