Talk

Advanced search

Moving to toddler beds for twins

(6 Posts)
Cadenza1818 Tue 05-Jul-11 20:44:25

Hi All,
This is my first post on mumsnet so bear with me! I've got two yr old twin boys and a month ago we moved them into toddler beds before the arrival of baby number 3. All went really well to begin with and for the first couple of weeks they went to bed no problem. Now, they seem to be kicking off every night and I'm ending up sometimes just shouting at them to get into bed which works but they end up falling asleep with the last words from me being shouting ones which I hate.

I've tried silently putting them back into bed until they get the hint which I have to admit does work but with only 3 weeks to go with baby no 3, I'm so tired, I haven't got the energy to do this.

Any more tips I can try??!
Cheers

p.s. I should add, that they've been fab sleepers - sleeping through from 12weeks old and not had a lot of attention at bedtime i.e. it's into bed, lights off and sleep.

bellabelly Tue 05-Jul-11 20:56:57

Sounds like you're doing all the right things silently putting them back to bed - I know it's a pain but if you stick with it consistently, maybe it'd pay off after just a few nights? Is there a DH or DP who can do the putting back to bed to save your energy?

My own DTs (boys, then aged 2.5 I think) were a nightmare to start with in terms of getting out of bed, being silly together, then falling asleep on the floor. It really didn't last long but it was very wearing while it lasted! Good luck.

Cadenza1818 Tue 05-Jul-11 21:06:21

Ah, yes, we've had the falling asleep on the floor! Thanks for the encouragement - DH is away for 4 days and is normally super helpful so I think I'm just feeling the lack of his support tonight and super sleepy myself! It's good to know that if I stick with it, it should be OK. Thanks!

faeriefruitcake Thu 07-Jul-11 22:51:27

I just ignore mine, nicely though. They soon got the message. Now they play for a bit then climb into bed themselves.

I also put a child gate across their bedroom door as they had easy access to the bathroom.

bellabelly Sun 10-Jul-11 23:55:18

How's it going, Cadenza? Hope your DH is back now and that it's feeling a bit easier for you. smile

Cadenza1818 Tue 12-Jul-11 12:18:00

Hey,
It's getting better. Combining the advice of ignoring them and putting them back when they get up. Seems to be getting there. Asleep by 8pm last night which is no so bad. smile

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now