Talk

Advanced search

What to expect at first consultant app

(6 Posts)
xkatyx Tue 05-Jul-11 15:59:09

hi everyone

I am 12 weeks 1 day with our first set of twins.

I have an app made by midwife Tom with the consultant because it's a twin pregnancy.

Just wondering what to expect for first app?

chopstheduck Tue 05-Jul-11 16:25:43

Hi there! congrats!

I guess it probably does differ depending on consultant, but I remember it being just like the booking in appointment with the midwife. Nearer the time I think the birth was discussed and things, but early on it was all very routine and mostly making lots of notes!

givemeaclue Tue 05-Jul-11 16:32:34

you should get a scan as well at 12 weeks, if you havent already had one

xkatyx Tue 05-Jul-11 17:19:05

My nuchal scan is Thursday x

faeriefruitcake Thu 07-Jul-11 22:55:39

Make sure your consultant reads your notes every appointment. I saw a different Dr every time and one of them kept asking me about my IVF pregnacy and appeard confused when I pointed out she'd been born and I was there because I was expecting twins.

Although they all were very nice and very supportive.

PeelingmyselfofftheCeiling Fri 08-Jul-11 15:05:15

You might get some slight scaremongering.
Not trying to scare you myself, but my brief first meeting with the consultant didn't go very well as she just launched into a big list of how I would have to have a theatre delivery, continuous monitoring, lots of people around me, bright lights, noise, and I'd have to get used to it. Er, we'll see...
Fortunately my midwife was much more 'ok, so that pissed you off, take it as a starting point, it's all negotiable/depends on the situation', but I wish i'd been prepared for it.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now