Talk

Advanced search

Somewhere to lay twins down

(12 Posts)
Fandangos Tue 21-Jun-11 23:18:06

I wondered if anyone could give me advice on what to use/buy for laying twins down when not in cot. I have a 3 and a half year old DD and I didn't bother with a moses basket for her. She was in her cot from pretty early on, for daytime naps too, but for the life of me I can't remember where we put her in the very early days when she wasn't being cuddled, or in her cot! Once she was a couple of months old, she was happy in a bouncer, but not at first.

I assumed that with twins, you'll need something decent for putting them down in even more than with a singleton, as they won't be held as much.

I've heard great reports about the babybjorn babysitter; that it's great from newborn, but it's really pricey and I would buy 2, so don't want to invest if babies are not likely to be happy in them...

Mummyrev Tue 21-Jun-11 23:20:03

Bouncy chairs with vibrate function. Saved our sanity with baby twins.

londonlottie Wed 22-Jun-11 08:08:51

Message withdrawn

kktpj Wed 22-Jun-11 08:21:24

I used travel cot with bassinet too. Then when they were bigger and having daytime sleep in their own cots upstairs, the travel cot became our playpen. Needed it to keep them safe from big sis!

Fandangos Wed 22-Jun-11 16:53:16

Thanks for the advice ladies.

Londonlottie, that's very kind of you, we're in Northampton, so not very far from London, but I don't think I'll be in London anytime soon. Many thanks.

I think we will just go for some kind of bouncer, as we don't have a great deal of space in our lounge for a travel cot.

AtLongLast Wed 22-Jun-11 20:28:34

We had a travel cot up in the lounge too but to be honest we used the play mat on the floor or infant to toddler rockers www.argos.co.uk/static/Product/partNumber/3764408.htm more after the first few weeks. They have been a good buy as the boys still use them now although two of anything like that seems to take up a ridiculous amount of floorspace!

KemgangKat Thu 30-Jun-11 14:15:52

I got loads of stuff off ebay which saved us a fortune and would definitely recommend the bouncers. Ours used them until they were about 9 months as they were very slow at sitting and so I used them to feed them for about 3 months until they could go into the high chairs. Ones that have a few plastic toys on the bar are good as they keep them amused for ages when they need a bit more stimulation.

kathryn2804 Sun 03-Jul-11 22:24:14

We used Moses baskets that we got from Ebay

thingamajig Sun 03-Jul-11 22:24:35

My twins are 4 and a half months old, and most of the time they lie on their playmat/babygym - its a thick padded one. It works for us but not if you have a dog around. They never took to the bouncy chairs; the are always much more settled when lying right next to each other.

harrygracejessica Mon 04-Jul-11 20:51:11

Mine had a cotbed in the front room but due to reflux they are happier in bouncy chairs.

urbanproserpine Mon 04-Jul-11 21:32:52

Go on freecycle, get a Moses basket or two with stands. You will get them on freecycle, but they are only a few quid on eBay, and you can sell them on. I had one in my living room for mine, which they went in together for six weeks or so. Great as no strapping in, when the doorbell goes and you just need a safe place sharpish.

chopstheduck Tue 05-Jul-11 16:34:58

thingmajig - that is sweet! Mine hated being next to each other, would just grab or hit each other with reflexes.

I used washing baskets in the early days blush Not a good idea when the HV drops in though! Then when they got slightly bigger, we bought some mamas and papas high chairs that reclined and had an electric rocking motion. Quite handy if you can get things that serve multiple purposes, especially if you are space limited. Once bigger, they also had big oxagonal playpen. Mostly to protect the older two from them!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now