Talk

Advanced search

Early Arrival - signs and causes?

(10 Posts)
BrassicaBabe Tue 07-Jun-11 18:41:14

Hi

I'm 33 weeks with non-id twins. At my scan last week they were both estimated at about 4.3lbs.

I'm starting to wonder when they might arrive. Do you get signs before an early arrival or are we able to predict which people are likely to pop early? Is fetal weight an indication? I'm healthy and my BP has been consistent throughout.

Interested and getting bored and grumpy grin

Lavitabellissima Tue 07-Jun-11 18:58:07

what kind of birth are you planning?

Afaik 38 weeks is considered full term with twins. I had id twins and was given a 40% chance of early labour, they came at 34&3.

Good luck smile

BrassicaBabe Tue 07-Jun-11 19:56:34

I'm booked for a CS at 38+5. Overall I've heard that 44% of twins end up in Special Care.

I'm a control feak and the guessing game isn't good for me wink

PrincessScrumpy Tue 07-Jun-11 20:13:59

I feel the same - I'm 24 +5 with ID twins. Feeling huge and cs at 37w seems a long way off.

Babymithel Wed 08-Jun-11 12:59:44

I really don't think its something that can be predicted. I went into labour at 27w6d with my trips, other friends went to 36/37 weeks. I had overdue babies with my singletons, so assumed I'd carry for ages.

Mandy21 Wed 08-Jun-11 13:57:17

Agree with previous posters - I had a great problem-free pregnancy until I went into labour spontaneously at 27+6.

Although its not really an asnwer if you're simply looking for answers as to when you can expect labour to start, you can rest assured that at 33+ weeks, whenever it happens, its not going to be too much of a problem (I don't mean that to sound dismissive, but thats a fab gestation to get to with twins).

Mandy

PrincessScrumpy Wed 08-Jun-11 16:11:35

Oh Mandy, don't tell me they could be here in 3 weeks time - I'm really not prepared! grin

Hope your twins were okay x

Mandy21 Thu 09-Jun-11 08:37:08

Yes, they are fine (now 6 and perfectly healthy). As for being ready - we had absolutely nothing when they arrived (hadn't even ordered stuff) and had just ripped out the kitchen - my hubby thinking he had the best part of three months to fit the new one. Life revolving around the Special Care Unit and coming home to a microwave and a kettle (that was all we had!) was not the easiest 2 months grin!

harrygracejessica Thu 09-Jun-11 15:50:58

I had one set at 33+2 and the other set at 36+5, both started with waters breaking and no signs of anything else then went into full on contractions straight away.

first set were girls and 4lb 4 and 3lb 15 were in scbu for 3 weeks for feeding and temperature control.

second set were boys and 6lb 3 and 6lb 9 - only the bigger twin had scbu fir 48 hours for sugar control, c-pap as he was very poorly at birth.

TwinMumMe Sun 12-Jun-11 07:22:27

I went into premature labour at 27 weeks.... I'd had strong braxton hicks most evenings and one night they didn't stop.

Thankfully they managed to stop the labour and I was induced at 37 weeks.

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: