Talk

Advanced search

Advice on car that will fit 3 car seats in the back

(11 Posts)
gas1 Mon 06-Jun-11 13:23:21

I'm expecting twins and already have a 15 month old. Suddenly our Nissan Micra seems inadequate! We need to upgrade but really really don't want a massive 4x4 or people carrier, and we can't afford to run anything too huge. Are there any 'normal' cars out there that can fit 3 car seats in the back? I'm thinking about something like a Citreon Xsara Picasso or maybe even a big Vauxhall Astra or something like that. How do others manage? Surely it's not that unusual to have 3 kids and a car?!

Eglu Mon 06-Jun-11 13:26:34

A Picasso would be a good option as it has seperate seats which makes it easier to fit car seats. The height it also a help for strapping them in. You will need to try dieffernt seats in different combinatinos still though. Some car seats are much wider than others.

HoolaHooper Mon 06-Jun-11 16:48:41

My friend with triplets has a picasso and they all fit in the back.

As Eglu said, you'd need to try them out though as some are wider than others and you'd need to check it will take thd different groups combination that you'll need now and in the future.

Marne Mon 06-Jun-11 16:51:20

We have a Picasso, the only good thing about it is the fact you can fit 3 seats in the back grin, well its not that bad, i would say its deffently a womans car, its boring to drive, slow (well depending on engine size) but good for shoping and taking kids around in. It does the job.

PrincessScrumpy Mon 06-Jun-11 17:03:54

Picasso is supposed to be good, I love my VW Touran though. It's a 7 seater but we wanted to be able to take friends out for the kids and needed a big boot. It's dull to look at but nice to drive.

Marne Mon 06-Jun-11 17:05:03

The Touran is much better (we had one when our car was in the garage and i loved it).

IHeartKingThistle Mon 06-Jun-11 17:09:53

I love my Picasso! I was adamant I didn't want one and had my heart set on a Fiat Multipla (I know, I know) but couldn't find one in time. The Picasso is great,lovely high driving position, 3 car sears no problem.

Marne - a woman's car? Really?

IHeartKingThistle Mon 06-Jun-11 17:11:38

That's not a query about the car by the way, that's a query about the sexist comment.

Marne Mon 06-Jun-11 17:18:03

Dh hates it grin, my friend also has one and her dh refusses to drive it, dh thinks its boring to drive, doesn't handle corrners and is to slow pulling away, i think he's just fussy smile so he says its a womans car, i'm tryong not to be sexist, its just us females prefer a more practical car (something you can fit the kids in, something thats easy to drive and park and gets us from a-b safetly), men (well most of them) seem to prefer something that looks good, pulls away fast and has verious gadgets, maybe i'm wrong?

Fandangos Sat 18-Jun-11 21:32:03

Hello

I have DD who is 3 and a half and I'm expecting twins. We went for a Toyota Verso, which has 3 separate seats in the back, meaning that there's space for 3 car seats (also the separate seats mean that you can pull a seat forward, to get your hands in to clip in a car seat, when there's another next to it). It's a 7 seater, so you can have the big boot, or 2 extra seats for passengers.

It doesn't feel like a boring car either! Plus, it drives like the previous car we had, which was the smaller Toyota Auris; not heavy or slow.

All the best

jen80 Sat 18-Jun-11 21:50:12

I have 10 month old twins and a 3 year old. We spent ages looking for cars to fit 3 car seats and the best we could find was a VW Touran. Took a while to adjust from driving my fiesta!! It is a people carrier I know, but it is brilliant. We can take a passenger if necessary (in the boot!) and lots of room for the mountain of stuff we need for a day out!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now