Talk

Advanced search

Weight gain

(4 Posts)
eisbaer Mon 06-Jun-11 07:52:32

hi all, just a quick wee straw poll if you don't mind? I have not yet had my first scan, but am convinced I am carrying twins. There are two faintly plausible reasons for my " hunch" and I'm wondering if one of them has a grain of truth atall, maybe u can help? I have gained loads, loads more weight than with my previous two pregnancies. I have read that weight gain in first trimester is the same whether carrying one or two, but I was just wonder g if any of you mothers of multiples noticed this to have been slightly different if comparing to a previous single preg.? My scan is nxt wk, I'm 13 weeks and the diff. In weight gain is dramatic this time. then again, I have been scoffing lots! Thanks in advance!

PrincessScrumpy Mon 06-Jun-11 17:09:14

I found out at 7w we were expecting twins due to cramping and spotting, then had severe morning sickness all day and night (proper projectile sickness). I was glad I knew early as it explained why I showed so much. I put on lots in the 1st trimester (all over weight gain) compared to dd1 but now I'm all bump.

I knew pg felt different and thought it was either a boy (as I'd had a girl) or something was very wrong - being told it was twins was a relief as it explained my worries.

I think you do get bigger quicker in each pg though.

Lavitabellissima Mon 06-Jun-11 18:51:11

I lost weight in the 1st trimester because I was soooo ill, overall I put on just under 2 stone, but I stayed active throughout the pregnancy.
I was 6 weeks early though.

Madlizzy Mon 06-Jun-11 18:57:23

I just knew there was more than one in there, plus my belly popped out fairly quickly. Turns out there were 3 of the buggers, which was a bit of a surprise. grin They're now 12.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now