Talk

Advanced search

Weight gain

(4 Posts)
eisbaer Mon 06-Jun-11 07:52:32

hi all, just a quick wee straw poll if you don't mind? I have not yet had my first scan, but am convinced I am carrying twins. There are two faintly plausible reasons for my " hunch" and I'm wondering if one of them has a grain of truth atall, maybe u can help? I have gained loads, loads more weight than with my previous two pregnancies. I have read that weight gain in first trimester is the same whether carrying one or two, but I was just wonder g if any of you mothers of multiples noticed this to have been slightly different if comparing to a previous single preg.? My scan is nxt wk, I'm 13 weeks and the diff. In weight gain is dramatic this time. then again, I have been scoffing lots! Thanks in advance!

PrincessScrumpy Mon 06-Jun-11 17:09:14

I found out at 7w we were expecting twins due to cramping and spotting, then had severe morning sickness all day and night (proper projectile sickness). I was glad I knew early as it explained why I showed so much. I put on lots in the 1st trimester (all over weight gain) compared to dd1 but now I'm all bump.

I knew pg felt different and thought it was either a boy (as I'd had a girl) or something was very wrong - being told it was twins was a relief as it explained my worries.

I think you do get bigger quicker in each pg though.

Lavitabellissima Mon 06-Jun-11 18:51:11

I lost weight in the 1st trimester because I was soooo ill, overall I put on just under 2 stone, but I stayed active throughout the pregnancy.
I was 6 weeks early though.

Madlizzy Mon 06-Jun-11 18:57:23

I just knew there was more than one in there, plus my belly popped out fairly quickly. Turns out there were 3 of the buggers, which was a bit of a surprise. grin They're now 12.

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: