Talk

Advanced search

Any trikes that work with twins out and about?

(24 Posts)
londonlottie Fri 03-Jun-11 12:34:16

Message withdrawn

silverfrog Fri 03-Jun-11 12:41:13

I haven't got twins.

BUT

imo, those trikes are a real PITA - they don't go over pavement bumps well, they are very juddery, nowhere ot hang the change bag, so you end up carrying it everywhere - also nowhere to bung shopping/lunch if a day out etc, so yuo end up carrying it everywhere...

dc can't quite pedal, so get feet stuck occasionally, slip off a bit sideways and you need to keep popping them back straight etc

DON"T DO IT

ride out the buggy angst.

honestly.

EvilTwins Fri 03-Jun-11 12:44:50

I agree with sliverfrog.

Keep with the buggy until they're ready for scooters. We had the little trikes but they were useless out and about. They had scooters for the Christmas after their 2nd birthday and it was revolutionary.

Madlizzy Fri 03-Jun-11 12:47:49

Absolutely don't do it, you'll never get anywhere. Just make them stay in the buggy for now. They will get through this little phase.

Bunnynamedstanely Fri 03-Jun-11 12:57:39

I feel your pain it is a difficult stage. We had trikes but omly used them out and about when my husband was there too - I REALLY don't think that it would be managable with two - apart from anything else they hop on and off them all the time. I trained my two to walk next to the buggy (holding on one at each side iyswim). They learned pretty quickly that any nonsense (running away etc) led to immediate return to the buggy! I found this worked quite well as they often chose to walk on the way to the park etc and then be in the buggy on the way home.

londonlottie Fri 03-Jun-11 12:58:22

Message withdrawn

Insanitybecomesme Fri 03-Jun-11 13:13:47

we have a twin wagon that ours got it for their 1st birthday and they love it, they are 16 months now and use it alot, though it can be heavy going up hill.

GibberingGinger Fri 03-Jun-11 20:41:58

You could try a bibi buggy bike. It's like a buggy board, but like a bike. You could attach it to the buggy and the kids could take turns (I know, I know, I'm in cloud cuckoo land thinking twins will take turns but you never know). I've never tried one, but it looks fun!

rattling Fri 03-Jun-11 20:53:09

GG - it's the (not)taking turns thing that is making things so difficult.

Lottie, if you only have one demanding to be out at a time you have it sussed as far as I am concerned. I either release both (off in different directions while I still need a hand for the buggy), or neither. Thankfully they are pretty good at sitting in the buggy, though I think a few months ago was a bit harder. They seem to understand now that the buggy takes them good places.

Evil Twins - can we talk scooters? How old were they exactly? Mine will be 2.7 at Christmas. They seem a way off understanding steering (though last week pedals were a confusion, today they learnt to propel with them, 7 months is a long time). How much damage is necessary before they realise hills make them fall off at speed?

londonlottie Fri 03-Jun-11 21:29:00

Message withdrawn

londonlottie Fri 03-Jun-11 21:30:56

Message withdrawn

EvilTwins Sat 04-Jun-11 09:36:30

rattling - they were 2.5 at Christmas (July birthday). We got micro mini scooters, which seem very easy to steer and propel. They took to them straight away. They'll be 5 next month and the scooters still get taken everywhere with them. We have a set of ID twin friends whose birthday is a month or so later, and they had their scooters at the same time. Their baby sis was born in the Feb, and the twins used to scoot alongside the buggy - I was always very impressed with that...

I would say 2.7 is a good age for it. I think it's easier for them to steer scooters than trikes as they can use their feet as well, iyswim.

ZuzuandZara Sun 05-Jun-11 22:36:55

We bought one of these recently (second hand from ebay), for our twins, and they love it. However, they aren't walking yet so am expecting it to all go tits up as soon as they learn!

londonlottie Mon 06-Jun-11 07:51:17

Message withdrawn

5GoMadOnAZ650 Mon 06-Jun-11 08:05:11

My dd3 and dd4 aren't twins but are 2 and 3 and they love the wagon, we use it much more than a buggy, it's the novelty I think. It's also very handy for loading up with crap equipment on days out!

ZuzuandZara Tue 07-Jun-11 22:24:06

Well I don't know what will happen when they start walking, but they really love it at the moment, must point out it does have seat belts! Can also fit our elderly Westie in it when she's had enough of walking smile I agree with 5Go, I'm sure it's the novelty of not being in the buggy they like but also they like being able to see all around them and each other.

If you can afford it (ours was £110 second hand so still pretty pricey) then I'd say go for it, they are a lot of fun and should last for years. We've only had it a few weeks but have had lots of admiring comments already.

After a long walk you feel like you've done 50 sit ups so double bonus!

londonlottie Wed 08-Jun-11 08:02:18

Message withdrawn

ZuzuandZara Wed 08-Jun-11 14:31:47

Hope you win it and even more hope you and your babes like it! I think you will smile

londonlottie Fri 10-Jun-11 16:21:14

Message withdrawn

ZuzuandZara Fri 10-Jun-11 23:58:39

Woot!

Let us know how you get on.

ps it ain't that small!

londonlottie Sat 18-Jun-11 16:03:23

Message withdrawn

ZuzuandZara Sat 18-Jun-11 23:53:34

Ha ha! A new sofa!

We only use ours for fun stuff like the park or walks, not for dragging round the shops etc. For us it's just something different, so they can enjoy being out and about with out always being in the buggy.

I usually take a v small bag of couple of nappies and wipes only and put it on the floor in between them and hope they don't open it and start chucking stuff out smile Did yours come with a little shopping basket type thing that attaches to the end?

Don't worry about groceries or sun (think vitamin D!), get out there and enjoy the wagon!

londonlottie Mon 20-Jun-11 08:40:34

Message withdrawn

ZuzuandZara Mon 20-Jun-11 22:38:36

grin

My dh will use ours at any opportunity, it must be a boy thing, i think he'd like to get in it a whizz down some hils!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now