Talk

Advanced search

Beta high and RE's response...

(9 Posts)
TopazMortmain Wed 01-Jun-11 12:57:09

My first ivf beta came back as 1011 to which my RE exclaimed 'Probably twins!'

So my question is... When will an ultrasound confirm one or two? I have gone from thinking am a little bit pregnant to mentally buying two of everything :-)

benjalamummy Wed 01-Jun-11 19:41:49

Hey, first of all, early congratulations smile Your post takes me back a year and a bit....I was confirmed pregnant after the dreaded two week wait, so 4 weeks pregnant. We had two embryos put back so 3 weeks later at the 7 week scan, when we saw one little tadpole we asked 'so what happens to the other embryo, is it just absorbed or lost or what'?. To which our doc replied 'you see that other little shadow there.......'.
So we found out at 7 weeks. Our two little 'tadpoles' just turned 6 months!
Whether it is one or two, lots of luck ad good wishes for your pregnancy x

PrincessScrumpy Wed 01-Jun-11 21:50:23

At 6 weeks we had an empty sac but at 7w there were 2 babies with heart beats!

Congratulations x

TopazMortmain Thu 02-Jun-11 06:55:18

Thanks so much for replying. Waiting on my second beta results tomorrow and trying not to obsess. Am doing a terrible brilliant job.

benjalamummy Sat 04-Jun-11 16:43:59

Let us know how u get on!

TopazMortmain Sun 05-Jun-11 01:47:12

Hallo smile

The beta more than doubled and dr did a scan as level was so high again... Two gestational sacs! shock

But she did say that whilst this is brilliant (double trouble) still early days and need to be cautious. Very hard not to keep looking at the scan photo and laughing like a fool - two!

Deep breath...

benjalamummy Sun 05-Jun-11 11:53:02

Oh wow! That's fantastic - I know its early days but it is impossible not to be excited isn't it?! Keeping all my fingers and toes crossed for you. How far in are you?

TopazMortmain Sun 05-Jun-11 15:52:13

Hallo

Thank you smile - am only five weeks so very shiny and new bfp but I got a positive six days before AF due.

Spent the day qeasily reading about pregnancy and just accidentally locked DH in the bathroom so apparently cannot think of anything else...

Also mood swings - like an evil rollcoaster... Normal or signs that am turning into a crazy grumpus?

How many do you have benjalamummy? DC, not mood swings smile

benjalamummy Mon 06-Jun-11 11:55:27

Haha remember the mood swings making pmt seem like a picnic smile
I have my twins, and not planning anymore - we were incredibly lucky that ivf worked first time round for us, and we got boy/girl twins - still keep pinching ourselves! Am guessing you don't have any YET - looks like they are on their way though smile
Life is completely mad now but wouldn't have it any other way, twins are the best thing ever!

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: