Talk

Advanced search

please help, just found out im have twins and alreay hav 3dc

(15 Posts)
xkatyx Tue 24-May-11 17:52:29

Omg im in shock TWINS!!!

I ALREADY HAVE DS 8 AND DD5 AND DD 4 MONTHS!!!

how am i going to cope oh my goodness

emjay74 Tue 24-May-11 20:36:55

Congratulations! smile

I found out I was expecting twins about a month ago. I already have 4DC my youngest DD is 16months so a bit older than your youngest. Mostly I think...'yes - I can do this'! But every now and then this feeling of total panic takes over and like you I think 'OMG how am I going to cope'!

Organisation is one thing I have been advised...something which most def does not come naturally to me! But I shall be watching thread with interest to hear what pearls of wisdom you get from ladies who have been through similar situation and lived to tell the tale!!

All the best to you...and congrats again! grin

xkatyx Tue 24-May-11 21:12:03

Congratulations to you too.

I have gone from shock to being tearful I feel so low about it and guilty because I feel like that!!!

I'm scared and feel very down

PrincessScrumpy Wed 25-May-11 09:43:11

I think if you can cope with 3dc and were planning 4, 5 will be fine. We planned 2 children but 2nd pg is twins so guess we'll be having 3. House is starting to feel small, but it will be happy and filled with love! grin

xkatyx Wed 25-May-11 18:19:01

These little bundles weren't planned .. But are wanted, I feel less suicidal today lol the shock has past now the worry of the babies begin.

emjay74 Thu 26-May-11 09:35:52

Congrats to you too PrincessScrumpy! grin

How're you doing today Katy? What is it that you are most scared about? I guess if it was a surprise to be pg again to start with and then to find out you are having two explains why you feeling so emotional. Hope you feeling a bit more positive now though.

I expect it does feel particulary scary with your youngest DD still being so dependant on you...I'm sure you will cope fine. How about yr DH/extended family/friends will you have support from them?

I must admit though my biggest fear is how 'medical' this pg and birth will be. Have my 20wk scan in couple of weeks and then every 4 wks after that (my DTs are Non ID). My last 3 DCs have been born at home no intervention/pain relief etc. I was cleaning the kitchen and taking older DD to school 2 hrs before my youngest DS was born! DD was born at home one morning with all my other children and parents in the house too!

Feeling really panicy about the epidural I've been told they recommend (in case they need to do internal turning??), the monitoring, potential CS and so on. Even just the thought of going into hospital leaves me cold!

It is just like going through it all for the first time again..it's going to be oh so different sad

xkatyx Thu 26-May-11 09:42:30

Hi,

well the the shock has gone now, its just replaced with worry!! my twins are mono twins, share sac and placenta .. well so far they seam to be, im hoping they will find a joining sac line.
Apperntly they are so rare 1 in 60,0000
they dont seam to have much of a chance and i cant seam to find anyone to talk to about it yet as my midwife app is ages away.

I feel for you emjay, hospitals are scarey , i had all my dc at hospital and it was still a lovely exsperience, but i completely understand going froma beautiful home birth to being at hospital is awful.

Im facing a awful c section and suffre from panic/anxiety attacks so god knows how that is going to go down, it scares the hell out of me.

My dh is fab and family is just the best!!! my mum is so good in helping out already she already saod she will help.

Im actually really excited, but i dont want to get to excited incase it is short lived!!

missylulee Thu 26-May-11 11:23:22

hey there!

have to confess to lurking for a while!
there is no guarantee that any pregnancy will get to 40wks with no complications- singleton or multiple! thinking about what could go wrong will do nothing but drive you insane for the next 9 months! definitely agree that you have to stop researching twin pregnancies on the internet! there is no way of knowing if the stuff is written by an experienced obstetrician or an electrician who thinks he knows everything cause his neighbour had twins!!!!!!
don't get me wrong i understand why you are anxious- and yes it is justifiable! you just have to be thankful for each day as it comes and except that you have no control over how things progress!

c section is different but not awful!! more than likely it would be elective, with you awake to see the babies coming out, your partner with you supporting you and keeping you calm! the staff are always excited with twins- and you would get the VIP treatment! believe me- i'm one of them in the scrubs asking you about baby names!!!!! we even have heart fm on in the background with chill out music!!!!

hypnobirthing has had really positive effects on women who are very anxious about hospital and delivery- would strongly advise looking into that! think it usually starts in the run up to delivery from bout 32 wks but they would start earlier with you cause its twins!

hope some of this helps- be reassured by msn and all its multiple mummies with positive stories to tell!!!!!

missylulee Thu 26-May-11 11:26:20

oops mumsnet not msn!!!!!

xkatyx Thu 26-May-11 19:43:02

thank you very much for the reassurace i really appreciate it.

harrygracejessica Fri 27-May-11 23:31:57

I went for a second child and got twins so was 2 and 3 then a surprise pregnancy last year resulted in another set so 4 and 5!!! Eldest child turned 4 just before the last twins were born 5 weeks ago!!!

I recommend the abc everest buggy smile means you can get out and about!! Organisation is the key and routine. Being ID you will prob deliver between 35-36 weeks depending on your hospital policy.

xkatyx Sat 28-May-11 10:03:46

Congratulations to you wow 2 sets of lovely twins.

Thank you for the advice. It'd bit early to be thinking about this but what do you do at bath times? And feeding .. There the two things I worry about most.

harrygracejessica Sat 28-May-11 17:07:15

I was worried about that last time but they do wait!! I feed one ata time and they get used to it. Bath time I bath one and have the other in a bouncer, dry the bathed baby and dress them, warm the bath again and bath the other while the already bathed child is in the chair smile

xkatyx Sat 28-May-11 21:17:32

That seams pretty obvious doesn't it, seams so silly there the things I'm worried about lol I will be lucky to ever get out the house I think

OldishMotherHubbard Thu 02-Jun-11 18:18:24

Congrats on your twins - just thought I would chip in and say I had my twins by emergency cs.
I had a spinal block which I have to say was amazing - I went from vomiting from the contractions pain, to chilling out and listening to the radio!
It is very different having twins - there were alot of people in the theatre (I had to go to theatre as soon as 9cm dilated) - 4 midwives -(a midwife for each baby, one for me and a "runner"), 2 paediatricians, 2 registrars, an anaesthetist and us! It wasn't the quiet home birth I wanted but nevertheless it wasn't horrendous either - everyone was very nice and excited for us.

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: