Talk

Advanced search

Present for a new mum of twins

(5 Posts)
WickedWitchSouthWest Wed 13-Apr-11 20:33:39

Hello ladies,

A friend of mine is expecting her first dc (twins, boy & girl) imminently and I'm putting together a little parcel of presents for her, her dh and the babies. Apart from obvious things like a decent handcream and chocolate I'm struggling to come up with anything and I was hoping that a mum of multiples could tell me what you would have liked to receive in the first few weeks?

Thanks so much

givemeaclue Wed 13-Apr-11 20:51:40

What a lovely friendyou are thats such a nice idea. If you live nearby, then a helping hand (parcticulary when her DH goes back to work and she is on her own with 2 new babies) is the best thing in the world, someone to watch them whilst you grab a shower, a sandwich or an hours kip is worth all the gifts in the world, or someone to come round at 4pm/5pm when you're really flagging and have got another couple of hours on your own.

If you don't live nearby, then a gift you can post would be a box set of a great dvd - sitting feeding twins, whether bf or ff takes hours out of your day so something to watch is great and makes a change from Homes under the Hammer. I watched all the series of friends from the pilot through to the final one - but whatever your friend is in to thats an easy watch - comedies rather than complex plot twisters so if your attention wanders its not a problem!.

handcream is a nice idea as the constant handwashing or sterilising if ff does play havoc with your hands.

If you have any pics of the DTS if you could stick them in a little album thats a nice idea as you just don't get time to do that kind of thing when they are little.

good luck to your friend!

GibberingGinger Thu 14-Apr-11 21:39:20

I got a box full of pits and pieces such as teething salts, infacol, sachets of calpol etc. Found it invaluable as a first time mum I didn't realise that I would suddenly want these things in the middle of the night! This is a good gift for any first time mum.

As a twin mum what you really want is sleep, a decent meal and a hot shower. Anything you can do to help get here these things is invaluable. If you can cook a batch of food (bolognaise, chilli, risotto - anything that can be eaten with just a fork) and put it in a disposable tub (she won't want to worry about washing and returning a dish) and give it to her, she will be very grateful. These things are also great about 8 weeks when the sleep deprivation is really setting in and the wellwishers are fading away.

A bottle of wine is also very much appreciated!

WickedWitchSouthWest Mon 20-Jun-11 22:04:43

Thanks so much for your help and sorry for not coming back! I read your replies probably in the middle of the night while feeding my ds and completely forgot to respond blush

Anyway, we did them a big box full of goodies as suggested above and they were both very happy with everything smile I've promised as much help as I can but being over an hour away it's tricky so it's mostly emotional support or emails with tips c&p'd from mumsnet grin

Thank you again!

faeriefruitcake Thu 07-Jul-11 22:57:47

Do house work, cook meals, help her to sleep.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now