Advanced search

Life With Twins 2... all welcome :)

(1000 Posts)
londonlottie Wed 02-Mar-11 08:44:53

Message withdrawn

LaLoose Wed 02-Mar-11 10:15:19

Me too please! girl/boy born March 09

GibberingGinger Wed 02-Mar-11 12:47:11

Arg, D the piddle monster is still wetting himself most nights. I'm going to have to try and source some more nappies that can hold 500ml of baby pee overnight hmm. It can't just be a boy thing as J manages overnight. My washing machine can't keep up with the endless stream of vests/babygrows/sleepingbags that he goes through! Any suggetions?

Thanks for the nice new thread LL.

londonlottie Wed 02-Mar-11 12:54:22

Message withdrawn

OpheliaBumps Wed 02-Mar-11 13:11:01

Oh me too, b/g born August 09.

GG I use a bigger size nappy at night, as DTD's nappy leaks otherwise. eg. we use 4+ in the day, and 5 at night, which manages to hold a bit more, but isn't so oversized it falls off!

Lavitabellissima Wed 02-Mar-11 15:02:54

Thanks Lottie,

So the girls have been in their own room for the last 3 nights, night 1 was aa shitfest tiring, but the last 2 nights have been great, girls sleeping from 7 until 3.30am having a quick feed and going straight back to sleep until 7am totally copeable grin

I now have a new found enthusiasm and have been doing the 30 day shred and eating better, I just want to lose half a stone and tone in time for the girls Christening in April.

Loving all the facebook pics, lottie & mm did you get the photos I emailed you? II did it from my phone which is temperamental.

Welcome Ophelia & La loose smile

Scotlian Wed 02-Mar-11 15:25:05

Oooh can I join too? Was slightly intimidated by the length of the previous thread and never managed to read past page 5 blush

I have two wee girls born September 10. Can't believe we have almost made it to 6 months - especially as their brother was just 18months when they arrived. Oh yes madness indeed. His 2nd birthday is going to mark the psychological milestone of being able to say "we have 3 kids under 3" insted of "3 under 2".

Hurray for Mumsnet Multiples and for LL's kindness in starting new thread!

rattling Wed 02-Mar-11 15:43:57

Scotlian - excellent! I can really use your knowledge of 2 year olds. Lottie is right with their birth date - my boys are nearly 22 months now. Not sure how I would be coping with another baby at the moment, so well done you for managing 2!! Oh, and Laloose too with the terrible 2 info!

Lottie - thanks for the new thread. But you just needed to hang on till Sunday and the last one would have had it's first birthday!!

I am ignoring all claims to weight loss and increased fitness. Getting the boys to sleep in their cots during the day was a magnificent acheivement, but the 3 hour daily walks were better for my waistline. I'm now just fighting to stay merely this fat!

Congrats to Eve on those first steps. A tiny bit of success here as Alasdair has started using a few words! (a very few, not very clearly, but it is something). He still refuses to nod. Is that weird? He makes it very clear if he is offered something he doesn't want. If he doesn't wave his arms and shake his head then acceptance can (usually) be inferred.

kingfix Wed 02-Mar-11 16:02:56

Can I sneak in too? Twins are still gestating, with a few weeks to go, but it would be nice to know what's coming...

bobhope Wed 02-Mar-11 16:26:42

Room for a small one? I have two identical boys who are nearly 5 months now and also a 4 year old. Have also read a bit of this thread when it was super-long and feeling brave enough to leap in now it has restarted!

GibberingGinger Wed 02-Mar-11 16:58:21

I always knew there were lurkers reading this thread! You've all snuk out of the woodwork now grin Nice to meet you all - though I have no hope of ever remembering anyones details. For those of you who need an update,

My name is GibberingGinger, I have Hazel (3y) and James and Douglas (9m). I live in Scotland, work 4.5 days a week, and DH looks after the kids. My life in a nutshell at the moment.

OB, I've tried size 5 nappies (4+ normally) at night but still no joy. So far have tried pampers, huggies, tescos and asda and D managed to leak in all of them. I think he stores up all his pee for nighttime angry Will try Lidl next.

londonlottie Wed 02-Mar-11 17:23:36

Message withdrawn

tartiflette Wed 02-Mar-11 19:56:23

Jesus wept I turn my back for half a day........................

holidays2010 Wed 02-Mar-11 20:32:46

Ok i have a TMI question - did anyone get diarrhea (sp!?) before going into labour?
I ask because i read that its one sign that your body is getting ready and i dont believe ive eaten anything dodgy but i desperately want to make it to my induction on friday and not break waters tonight...or tomorrow! :P

Lavitabellissima Wed 02-Mar-11 20:42:17

Holidays I did blush just thought I'd eaten something funny. Had a few twines that night and my waters broke at 3.45am, before I'd give to bed I'd read a post by GG saying she wished someone had told her not to worry if you saw blood when your waters break. I saw blood and thought, thank you GG. I was 34&3 and all went fine smile

Good luck grin

Hello to all newbies, I'm lavitabellissima, I have id 4 month old twin girls Vivienne & Florence and I live in SW London, and am currently on maternity leave smile

holidays2010 Wed 02-Mar-11 20:51:59

Oh now i'll never sleep...if my waters break i'll need to call DH as he's at his flat tonight...i'd better make sure i have everything ready to go before i go sleep then and just warn DH....
god i hope nothing happens tonight!

Levsgirl Wed 02-Mar-11 20:53:24

Hiya,
Ooh can I be a newbie too?! I'm expecting non-id twins soon, I'm 31 weeks pregnant tomorrow and this is my first week of maternity leave, feeling better and more rested already! I've got a 2.5 year old little boy who I adore and who I am so worried about as the poor little fella has no idea what's about to hit him, no matter what me and my hubby tell him, I don't think it's really registering! Lol! I'm soooooooo excited to be having twins though, my mum is a twin so it runs in the family, typical it would be me to have them! We've been told we're having a boy and a girl which is lovely! Getting nervous about the birth and how we're all going to cope afterwards but you all seem like a very nice bunch so maybe you can help to keep me sane!

MyFourGirls Wed 02-Mar-11 21:11:16

hi all...yep, guilty of being a lurker...but hey don't have much typing time on me hands at the mo... there's probably a couple of thousand lurking mums out there who only have time to read about our daily drudgery highs and lows and not have time to join in...

i've non id girls born dec 10...12 weeks old this week and we're doing well..they're fat contented little things so long as their tummies are full so i can't really complain, but of course it is mental.smile

good time to join it seems - nice to see the ante natal merging with the 'life with twins' club...

we just splashed out on a baby jogger and it is great...we were given a couple of doubles that either wouldn't fit in the boot or thro the front door and ended up thinking 'f-it - twins are hard enough let's just get one that ticks all the boxes' think that's the most exciting thing to happen since they were born! ah...domestic bliss...

MyFourGirls Wed 02-Mar-11 21:12:43

p.s. my girls are called May and Flo...

good luck holidays...sounds exciting!

holidays2010 Wed 02-Mar-11 21:26:01

Lavita could you tell me what the 'twines' felt like? Any pain at all?
im not feeling anything, just feel better for going loo!
im hoping i wake tomorrow after a good sleep and nothing happens! ive given poor DH a panic attack! :P

holidays2010 Wed 02-Mar-11 21:27:16

Lavita could you tell me what the 'twines' felt like? Any pain at all?
im not feeling anything, just feel better for going loo!
im hoping i wake tomorrow after a good sleep and nothing happens! ive given poor DH a panic attack! :P

AtLongLast Wed 02-Mar-11 21:39:22

Ooh, me too - can I dip my toe in? I've posted occasionally on the forum but could never quite see a way in on the biggies. I've got non-id boys born April 10. I'm lucky enough to still be on mat leave & totally loving it grin

Lavitabellissima Wed 02-Mar-11 21:43:39

I meant twinges! I was eating dinner and thought I was just getting a couple of low down kicks, I'm still not sure if they were or not. Don't worry anyway, I found I just went into auto pilot and was a picture of calm smile
NotMuch you can do, if they're ready they're on their way grin

holidays2010 Wed 02-Mar-11 21:49:44

ok ok im going to try sleep and assume nothings going to happen....i'll post tomorrow if nothing has happened!
night all x

tartiflette Wed 02-Mar-11 22:04:55

Good luck holidays...

Hi MyFourGirls - haven't heard from you in aaaages. Glad you and the girlies are doing well, don't think I knew their names - they are lovely.

<waves to all the newbies..... am already hopelessly lost>

This thread is not accepting new messages.