Talk

Advanced search

Anyone else's twins fight over mummy?

(6 Posts)
littletinkers Wed 08-Dec-10 23:50:11

Hi

My twins get on reasonably well with a bit of squabbling here and there. However they often fight over who is sitting on my knee and even say "my mummy"... this happens usually when we sit together on the sofa to read a book or something. I try getting them to take turns or sitting them both on my lap (and then you can't actually see the book to read it!!!) Anyone else have their twins fighting over their attention and have some useful tips?

faeriefruitcake Tue 21-Dec-10 15:39:48

All the time, I just make sure they each get time and know that they can't behave in that way.

Turkelton Wed 22-Dec-10 22:38:16

all the time lol and they are just 15 months old grin dt1 can be a right little madam haha and will push dt2 away, I am doing the same as faeriefruitcake

cat64 Wed 22-Dec-10 22:42:48

Message withdrawn

clairefromsteps Wed 29-Dec-10 14:31:43

Yes, all the time! Luckily I have super long legs and can easily balance a four year old on each! When I sit in the living room, I try to sit in the middle of the sofa to allow one to sit either side for cuddles. It's hard, though, if you're having a nice one-on-one cuddle with one of them and the other starts going 'Mummy, mummy, I want a cuddle....'

Mzdemeanourunderthemistletoe Sat 01-Jan-11 20:21:28

yup - and mine are six years old. I still get the 'You are my mummy not his' etc and if I give one a cuddle, the other wants one as well - though DD is worse than DS for that.

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: