Talk

Advanced search

Twin slings??

(13 Posts)
Scotlian Wed 27-Oct-10 09:17:02

Is this complete madness? Do they even exist? Would like to try some method of carrying both twin daughters (5 weeks old) even for a wee while in the day so it's not always one being carried and one girning in a bouncy chair. Any suggestions appreciated

Jaybird37 Wed 27-Oct-10 09:46:45

Madness I suspect!

Enjoy your daughters and many congratulations.

marriednotdead Wed 27-Oct-10 10:27:37

I would imagine that to be backachingly impractical but I understand the desire.

Perhaps you could adapt one of these grin

terryble Wed 27-Oct-10 12:58:12

There is apparently a Weego Twin Carrier. Never tried it though.

TeaSleepFood Thu 28-Oct-10 13:08:46

~Hi htere,
I had one which zips together in many eyewatering combinations. Mainly used them separately though. DH used them a couple of times together. Basically by the time I was fit enough to think about carrying them together like that, they were too big and heavy! Would I buy one again? Nope. A couple of second hand baby bjorns would have been fine. Gods luck!

puddock Thu 28-Oct-10 13:16:28

You can use a wrap to carry twins in various ways. See e.g. babywearingtwins.wordpress.com/category/tandem-bab ywearing/

puddock Thu 28-Oct-10 13:18:18

Better newer link: babywearingtwins.com/

StewieGriffinsMom Thu 28-Oct-10 13:23:00

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

galaxymummy Thu 28-Oct-10 20:17:55

I am going to a slingmeet training morning in guildford in november
galaxy
hope to see more slings and find out about twins

rattling Sat 30-Oct-10 20:37:39

I put both my boys in a wrap sling for the first few weeks (they were quite small though). I saw details for it on-line early in my pregnancy, but they seemed to have been removed when I went back to look when I actually wanted to do it. Basically you use each diagonal strap as a pouch. The outside baby should be the smaller one as she partly lies on her twin.

Maybe your daughters are already too big for that, but I think the Weego looks like the most uncomfortable thing ever.

I wish I'd had the nerve to try a back carry earlier - only started when they were about 10 months. Again I followed on-line instructions so was very dubious. It is easy peasy and can trek a good distance with my 18 month old on my back. Can easily imagine having a wee baby on my front too. If you can meet up with sling wearers I'm sure they will sort you out in no time.

londonlottie Sat 30-Oct-10 20:48:40

Message withdrawn

LargeGlassofRed Wed 03-Nov-10 20:35:23

I used 2 ring slings, which after practice worked so well, I found the videos on you tube really helpful. I even mastered feeding in the ring sling while on the go, although only one at a time

galaxymummy Thu 30-Dec-10 20:46:57

Went to slingmeet and can now do it watch u tube videos surprisingly comfortable am considering doing demo in my next twin antenatal classes
galaxy

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: