Talk

Advanced search

This should be on Style Thread. Need advice re Asian style.

(3 Posts)
Starbear Mon 12-Oct-09 09:58:34

We had a lovely night out on Saturday at a local restaurant. They had a 'Bollywood' evening with a couple doing a bit of a show and the whole restaurant dancing to an Asian disco afterwards, it was great. Never had that sort of thing when I was growing up.
A lot of the women,who were a variety of races & ages, dressed up in very cool Asian inspired clothes. I would like to have a couple of outfits that I could pull out for these types of evenings. I'm 47 yrs 5'7 size 14/16. Any tips on how to dress and where to go shopping. I live South West London

sweetgrapes Wed 21-Oct-09 13:47:20

You could have a look in Tooting. That shouldn't be too far from you. There are lots of clothing stores on the high street. I would suggest window shopping and bargaining before actually buying.
You could check out either a 'salwar kurta' set (top and bottom set with a scarf) or just a 'kurti' (top) and wear over your regular trousers/jeans. I'm thinking the kurti and regular trousers will be more comfortable and actually get worn more. You can buy a 'dupatta' (scarf) seperately and team it up too.
Happy shopping smile

chopstheduck Wed 21-Oct-09 14:40:36

that sounds great! Where was it?

Southall is also good for clothes shops.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now