Talk

Advanced search

Help needed on French books

(3 Posts)
julesandweekabeya Thu 26-May-05 15:06:18

Hi there. Have a beautiful 3 week old baby girl and we have been advised that her dad speaks only French to her and I speak only English - we want to buy some stories in French to read to her and wondered if anyone could recommend any books or websites? Thanks.

NotQuiteCockney Thu 26-May-05 15:15:59

Amazon.fr has some good stuff. Reading to kids at this age is as much for the parents as for the kids, so anything is good.

There are some good French bookstores in Central London, too, if that's convenient.

There's an author we like a lot, who did Le Doudou Mechant ... that being said, some of his other books (Okilele?) are pretty alarming. Beautiful art, though.

crouchingtigeress Thu 26-May-05 21:49:26

Hiya
Amazon is the best (and cheap) resource for accessing French story books.

My ds loves "Leo Le Chat comes to play" it's easy to read, has very colourful illustrations and flaps - with suggestions for games at the back.

Also there's a hardboard version of "Head, shoulder, knees and toes" in French.

There is a whole range of bilingual story books, the IBSN no for "Qu'est qu'on mange ce soir? - what's for supper? is 1874735395.

All are available on Amazon - where there are DVD's and audio tapes - I' just got some nursery rhyme material.

Good luck

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now