Talk

Advanced search

So just HOW did Jacko make himself white?

(21 Posts)
LyraSilvertongue Wed 08-Jul-09 18:27:31

Because I don't believe that he had a skin condition that conveniently made him white when he was obviously determined to look like a white man.
Any ideas how he did it? whatever it was can't have been good for his health.

EccentricaGallumbits Wed 08-Jul-09 18:28:16

bleach?

ilovemydogandmrobama Wed 08-Jul-09 18:29:07

I don't know. But, was shopping in an Asian area this morning and there was an advertisement for skin bleaching. Guess it's a topical ointment?

LyraSilvertongue Wed 08-Jul-09 18:30:16

I wouldn't have thought any bleaching cream would be enough to make him totally white. Maybe his docs made up some super-strength cream.

thegirlwiththecurl Wed 08-Jul-09 18:46:53

I have always been curious about this. Yes, there are plenty of skin bleaching products about, but many of them are highly dangerous and I am pretty sure that they wouldn't give the all-over body whiteness that he appears to have.

EccentricaGallumbits Wed 08-Jul-09 18:53:51

perhaps this? list of hideous side effects.
google skin whitening. there are millions of clinics and drugs. weird.

Hassled Wed 08-Jul-09 18:55:01

Didn't he say he had some skin condition thing and that the whiteness was not of his doing? Dunno what it was, though.

LyraSilvertongue Wed 08-Jul-09 19:01:33

Hassled, that's what he said but I don't believe it.

smartiejake Wed 08-Jul-09 19:02:02

He claimed to have vitiligo but I thought that created white patches on the skin- not all over.

thegirlwiththecurl Wed 08-Jul-09 19:02:36

yeah - it was called vitiligo, apparently - just done a search on it and some of the pictures are quite convincing, I have to say. If that was the case - that he turned white through an illness, its no wonder he had so many issues about his appearance - such a profound change would surely have an effect on you

thegirlwiththecurl Wed 08-Jul-09 19:04:30

yes, I am not convinced by the health story yet, but some of the stuff I have read is convincing, but not enough to remove all the doubt. Apparently, he wore make up to cover up the patches of white in the early days of the illness. Guess we may never really know. Although, I would say that bleaching would surely not be so even all over either?

LyraSilvertongue Wed 08-Jul-09 19:07:46

It would if he was bathing in the stuff grin
Eccentrica, I don't see any side effects on that link.

jabberwocky Wed 08-Jul-09 19:17:16

I've always wondered about this as it seemed to be a gradual lightening. Vitiligo would have made a few extreme white patches. I've heard there is a process you can undergo as a vitiligo patient where they somehow "kill off" all of your pigment cells but then that makes you albino-like white all over. Just never really bought the health story. Swiss clinic, more like...

fanjolina Wed 08-Jul-09 19:17:49

I thought he'd had chemical peels to remove a number of the top layers of his skin

kathyis6incheshigh Wed 08-Jul-09 19:21:57

Surely we never saw him without make-up? So he might have been darker or patchier underneath?

oodlesofpoodles Wed 08-Jul-09 19:26:39

When the abuse court case was on tv there was a bit about the first boy and he had been able to prove that he had seen him naked by drawing accurately the white vitiligo patches on MJs genitals. You only see his hands and face. He might be really patchy underneath.

HecatesTwopenceworth Wed 08-Jul-09 19:31:10

I think the story is that he had vitiligo which created white patches and he used very thick make up to even it out. But if you see pictures of him, it doesn't look like he has a thick foundation on. here

Or maybe because of the patches, he whitened his skin to even it out?

Whatever he did, or had, he was certainly a very unhappy individual who seemed determined to change everything about himself.

forehead Wed 08-Jul-09 19:33:26

I dont think he wanted to be white i believe that he had a skin condition as he claimed and used makeup to even out the colour.

Halzer Fri 17-Jul-09 23:02:21

I believe that he did somehow alter his skin colour because his father told him that he was ugly as a child (according to jackson)
Also, having two 'pure white' kids seems like he was trying to cover up his own heritage. Why not use a black sperm/egg doner?

hobbgoblin Fri 17-Jul-09 23:03:44

Don't know but it doesn't matter if you are either, yeah yeah yeah.

msled Fri 17-Jul-09 23:08:48

The recent pictures of his leg (the ones with the hideous ulcer) show clearly that his skin was mottled brown and white. Vitiligo is an auto-immune disorder and he apparently suffered from a number of AI disorders. As well as a serious painkiller habit, obviously, and being fairly insane and addicted to plastic surgery. But it seems beyond doubt that he did have vitiligo, which his dermatologists, dodgy Dr Klein says he treated by using lasers (?) to remove pigment from the brown areas to even him up. And he wore thick makeup all the time.
I think the kids look mixed race, and the youngest one looks a lot like him (though the older ones don't)

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now