Talk

Advanced search

Living in Kuweit ? anyone has an experience of it ?

(3 Posts)
MamanFlo Sat 07-May-05 14:04:41

Hello

DH is currently interviewing for a job based in Kuweit. I wondered how it is out there...any experience to share ?

We are french and we have a 11 days old baby btw

thanks

flo

stitch Mon 09-May-05 14:35:40

hi, i grew up in saudi arabia. well sort of, moved there when i was 11. parents still working there.
its fabulous. enjoy yourself!

leahbump Mon 09-May-05 14:42:19

I lived in Saudi too when i was about 7-9 years old. Dad worked there.

There are some great ex pat communities out there and although mum felt al little isolated at first she made some life long friends there. I also enjoyed two good years at an international school and studied with children of all nationalities (that could speak some form of english!).

It was an amazing expereince- not sure if kuweit is as strict on the islamic side of things...determining dress, food restrictions etc etc but to be honest even mum found that long and flowing was more comfortable in the heat anyway and we had holidays in jordan for bacon and alcohol fixes (mum and dad the alcohol bit!).

Good luck- I hope you get the experience of living in another culture- might be challenging at times but hopefully will enrich all your lives!

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: