Talk

Advanced search

HUMM! We are multicultural but have only lived in the UK?

(15 Posts)
network Tue 29-Mar-05 13:26:25

Can it be that we are so diverse in our backgrounds but have never lived anywhere else but the good old UK? Why is this? are we boring? Really i am interested in us.

kama Tue 29-Mar-05 13:27:44

Message withdrawn

network Tue 29-Mar-05 13:30:23

born here and have always lived here but hopefully not everyone is as boring as me.

kama Tue 29-Mar-05 13:33:24

Message withdrawn

network Tue 29-Mar-05 13:37:35

Hi born London live now in Slough, yawn!
your life seems interesting though. DP has often spoken about the poss of moving fm UK to Europe (better quality of life esp for the family) and it made me re-think. What do u think?

kama Tue 29-Mar-05 13:41:49

Message withdrawn

network Tue 29-Mar-05 13:45:15

Interesting
Do you go away on hols at all?
Btw how old is your DD? mines has just hit the important 5 years of age

kama Tue 29-Mar-05 14:03:52

Message withdrawn

MunchedTooManyMarsLady Tue 29-Mar-05 14:08:45

born here, only lived here, unless you count the 3.5 months I stayed in the States. Have travelled a bit, but not for ages.

kama Tue 29-Mar-05 14:09:24

Message withdrawn

MunchedTooManyMarsLady Tue 29-Mar-05 14:28:24

DH is a north london boy

network Wed 30-Mar-05 13:33:34

Do any of you wish that perhaps life could be a bit more exciting. I keep watching these life stly progs where families go off and do something different eg move to spain and buy a wreck and look far happier for it. or is it just me?

tamula Wed 30-Mar-05 19:51:37

I too am london born and bred, but this is an interesting topic.

London is one of the most culturally diverse cities in the world, many people from across the globe will testify to that and i certainly have made the most of what london has to offer culturally.

Sometimes things can be on your doorstep but we just take it for granted.

My grandparents are St Lucian, my parents were born and bred here and I consider myself to be simply black british.

My partner is Lithuanian born and bred, he's been here for 4 years.

We are expecting our first any day now, 5 days late!!!

I am a fairly well travelled person but I honestly havent seen more of a mix of people anywhere else than walking along a London street!

Having said all that clearly its not the same as a first hand experience of being in another country and 'feeling' the culture, soaking it in and appreciating - or not - the differences.

yingers74 Wed 06-Apr-05 23:35:09

network - I was born in sunny london and have only lived in sunny london, even stayed here for uni although I moved out!!! what can i say i love london but I know it also has a lot to do with the fact that in london i can be just one of the crowd! I am way more boring as I have never wanted to live anywhere else! Although I love to go on holidays and see new places.

kama Thu 07-Apr-05 00:25:54

Message withdrawn

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now