Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

What would you want?please contribute .

(10 Posts)
network Tue 08-Mar-05 17:20:29

I have joined a group called People in Harmony they promote the positive experience of interracial life. The yearly sub is £12.00 and I have been asked along with one/two other members to start a local group (berks). My question to you all is
1) what would entice you all to join such a group i.e. what would it take to get you to part with your £12.00 each year what would you and your families want in return.
2) where best to place my leaflets to ensure that people know about PIH

kama Tue 08-Mar-05 17:23:45

Message withdrawn

kama Tue 08-Mar-05 17:24:10

Message withdrawn

network Wed 09-Mar-05 13:32:21

thks karma

and it looks like you are in the area

suzywong Wed 09-Mar-05 13:36:54

I think it would be valuable to have a platform where older family members can talk about their experiences raising MC families as they have been through all cycles of family life and have the benefit of hindsight. So get a good range of ages

network Thu 10-Mar-05 13:56:21

thks Suzy

kama Thu 10-Mar-05 18:33:44

Message withdrawn

network Mon 14-Mar-05 13:21:28

HI Karma

Aparently Berks had a very active group but as the kids grew up it dwindled (which is a shame) but i am trying to get in touch with an old member who organised all the activities to get some advice
So if we can meet your needs would you be interested in the group?

network Thu 17-Mar-05 13:40:55

more responses pls i would like to use this as a tool for my meetings

Chandra Thu 17-Mar-05 14:02:45

A positive aproach towards integration. I have been in a group that required children have at least a parent born in a latin american country in order to join, and they were not happy about other cultures joining them. I felt it was like a job going backwards as it centered in commenting about how awful the locals were rather than focusing in how to make make an enrinching experience from our differences.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now