Talk

Advanced search

family with children of differing races

(5 Posts)
BunInTum Tue 08-Mar-05 00:56:03

Hi all

I am white and have a 7 year old who is also white but am expecting a baby in the Summer whose dad is Jamaican.

Does anyone else out there have two children who are of different colour/race? If so how has the first child reacted? Have you experienced social predjudice etc?

Any tips to prepare myself and daughter to anything we might not be aware of (sorry to come across as so naive but really want to be prepared so I can give them the best).

HappyMumof2 Tue 08-Mar-05 12:11:12

Message withdrawn

HappyMumof2 Tue 08-Mar-05 12:12:05

Message withdrawn

pedilia Tue 08-Mar-05 12:15:10

ds1 is part jamaican and is quite dark, ds2 is part asian and lightskinned, so far i have received no comments other than don't they look alike.
as happy says there are so many mixes these days i don't think it is such a big deal nowadays.
ds1(4) doesn't seem to have noticed a difference !

BunInTum Tue 08-Mar-05 19:39:33

Thanks for you messages both, helps me to put it in perspective.

No I'm not with the baby's dad but he will have a big role in the babs life and is very good with my daughter. My daughter has regular contact with her dad so hopefully like you said that will help.

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: