Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

Africa Remixed - who's been?

(3 Posts)
peskykids Mon 28-Feb-05 19:56:43

Ok what's the score with this exhibition?
I can't get there till April (but I am also getting to see the Legends of Hip Hop show so I can wait, it'll be worth it)
Would like to be as prepared as possible so I and family can get as much from it as poss.
Any top tips?

DickWhittingtonsCat Tue 08-Mar-05 11:27:58

We haven't seen this yet but were at the S Bank on Sun for something else, and popped into Hayward bookshop just to get an idea about the exhibition. Bumped into friend coming out with her ds aged 5 and she highly recommended it. We didn't go in as ds was already tired and it's quite expensive, but plan to go back when we can spend few hours there. I had quick look at Hayward website and there are some family events on and a family trail. I also talked to another mother in the foyer with a 4-yr-old and she said there were lots of exciting 3-D objects.

hub2dee Sun 27-Mar-05 13:34:30

Just to let you all know this is worth visiting, esp. if you live in London.

We went yesterday for one of the free events. Free events listed here .

It was in a special stage / seating area at the Royal Festival Hall with mats / soft seats everywhere, African fabrics creating a nice ambience. Couples / families / kids of all ages / people of all colours.

Amazing music and later some drumming. Loads of kiddies bopping away, a few adults too.

There are also a pile of excellent concerts coming up (Listings and Tickets here ).

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now