Talk

Advanced search

tangle teazer... is it worth it?

(23 Posts)
vanessasmum Fri 27-May-11 21:31:17

am considering.

pinkmagic1 Fri 27-May-11 21:34:53

I have one for my DD who has very thick curly Arab/Euro hair. I find it quite good but have to brush the top and then underneath as dosn't get through the hair in one go if you know what I mean.

rubyslippers Fri 27-May-11 21:36:40

DD has fine, very curly hair which gets very matted

I love the tangle teaser and it is the only way I can brush her hair

Pinner35 Fri 27-May-11 21:38:04

Liking your nickname OP!! What Rubyslippers said.....

PurveyorOfBaloney Fri 27-May-11 21:38:38

It is the only brush DD tolerates - she still moans like mad though about the slightest pull - it isn't a magic bullet!

ThisisaSignofthetimes Fri 27-May-11 21:40:39

Dd has fine hair which resembles birds nest in the morning, the tangle teaser is the only thing that works without breaking hair.

nancy75 Fri 27-May-11 21:41:10

Dd has very thin very straight hair and I don't think it gets the tangles out, it just seems to do the top layer. I have very curly very thick hair and it really does just skim the top!

vanessasmum Fri 03-Jun-11 10:26:23

so, do i conclude it has been a breakthrough for some of you, but not that miraculous for thicker hair? I am not convinced... I get along reasonably with combs of different widths. any ideas about the denman brush that tightlycurly recommends?

marsiettina Sat 04-Jun-11 08:46:18

Tangle teezer went to the bin, as someone else said, it only really brushed the top of the hair. My dd's hair is not really thick, but as it is curly, so looks like a lot. The denman brush works perfectly in her hair, so I now have two, one for everyday styling and one for in the bath. The brush glides through her hair and gets out the tangles. I would recommend the denman over the tangle teezer, especially if you have medium to long curly hair.

bejeezus Tue 21-Jun-11 17:38:00

wow! im really suprised by the replies. For us it WAS a magic bullet!

DD has lots and lots of curly fine hair (when its brushed out it looks more european curly) - she used to scream and moan about having it brushed- but not at all with the TT & olive oil detangler

falasportugues Wed 22-Jun-11 20:04:50

i guess it really depends on the texture of the hair... it sounds like it works for finer curls. I'm planning to try the denman instead I think, as dd's hair is pretty think

falasportugues Wed 22-Jun-11 20:05:09

thick, not think!

GothAnneGeddes Mon 27-Jun-11 22:08:16

Yes! Dd has fine curly hair and the Tangle teazer + L'Oreal spray has improved it's condition 100%.

Mumpa Mon 12-Sep-11 20:25:46

The Tangle Teezer is a godsend in my opinion. Before we got it hair time was a nightmare, but now my girls are quite content to sit and have their hair brushed. You do have to section the hair off, or do it in layers, but my daughters have so much curly hair that I do that with any brush.

I definitely recommend!

falasportugues Mon 12-Sep-11 23:42:39

has anyone tried that new dove product for frizzy hair?

Tryharder Sun 18-Sep-11 23:09:45

I would recommend it. It's the only thing that I can brush my DDs hair with without her screaming. In fact, I would go so far as to say that it's a godsend...

Rindercella Sun 18-Sep-11 23:16:42

DD1 (mixed race) has fine, very curly hair - ringlets in fact. The Tangle Teaser is the only thing she will tolerate to brush her hair. Sometimes if her hair is very matted it can take a while to get them all out, but it does work. I tend to use lots of conditioning spray before brushing, which helps too.

Thankfully DD2's hair is thicker and I think should be less of a problem. Oh a friend's little girl had very matted hair recently and wouldn't allow her mother to get anywhere near it. Friend used my Tangle Teaser and the girl barely noticed. Friend thought it a miracle brush and went straight out to buy one.

I definitely recommend the Tangle Teaser and think it's worth the

Rindercella Sun 18-Sep-11 23:18:57

<ahem> ...money.

AitchTwoOh Sun 18-Sep-11 23:21:24

yes you have to brush underneath as well as over the top, but that's hardly a deficiency of the tangle teazer, it's the short bristles that mean it doesn't tug. dd has masses of thick ringlets and getting it really saved our bacon at bath times, it was misery before.

AitchTwoOh Sun 18-Sep-11 23:21:57

btw <waves to rinders>

lovinme Sun 18-Sep-11 23:30:59

I have 3 mixed race DD one with loose curls,one with a big afro and one with very curly hair that turns into a big dreadlock if left and I think the tangle teaser is amazing,I can't believe it actually worked and the kids love it because it means they can brush their hair themselves so I would highly recommend.

Rindercella Sun 18-Sep-11 23:52:27

<big wave back to Aitch>

(DSS is still as handsome and lovely as ever) grin

AitchTwoOh Mon 19-Sep-11 00:01:05

<swoonerama>

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now