Talk

Advanced search

swift220's book choice

(8 Posts)
swift220 Sat 29-Aug-09 15:12:21

The book I decided to swap is 'Sarah's Window' by Janice Graham.

This book was bought for me by my mother, I could not put it down once I had started to read it.

This is the story of Sarah who has a dream of studying art at university but due to a family emergency has to give up the dream. This book is from the author of Firebird.

I hope that everyone enjoys reading it as much as i did.

Thanks

juneybean Sat 29-Aug-09 17:07:39

I've received this!

juneybean Mon 28-Sep-09 13:46:05

I'm still reading this as I've been working loads lately!

But I should be finish in the next couple of days and will send on to next person.

I am enjoying this book, it's an easy read but I will write more when I'm done

HidingFromTheDM Thu 01-Oct-09 15:12:09

Ooooh...read fast Juney!! I'm itching to read this book.

juneybean Sun 04-Oct-09 01:44:28

It should be winging its way to you!

HidingFromTheDM Mon 12-Oct-09 15:24:07

I received it Friday. Thanks Juney!

juneybean Tue 13-Oct-09 18:29:10

Yay! I'm not entirely sure which book I'm meant to have <looks around lost>

HidingFromTheDM Mon 19-Oct-09 11:08:58

I finished this book last night and, although it was an easy read, I have to say I didn't really enjoy it. I found the writing too flowery for my liking and I didn't really connect with any of the characters as they seemed more like caricatures than real people. In fact, towards the end, I really started disliking them. It was entirely predictable and I started to wonder what the point in reading it was when I already knew how it would end (sorry, I don't mean to be vague but I don't want to give too much away for future readers).

As a beach read - it would be great, but I was disappointed. It was the first Janice Graham book I have read and I think it will probably be the last.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now