Talk

Advanced search

QUICHE REGROUPING THREAD

(41 Posts)
FiveGoMadInDorset Mon 13-Jul-09 21:37:12

I have started a new one as the old one was nearly done and was crashing my computer.

I take it that you two are still in (BIWI and the growlygus).

If it's OK with you two I will email BE tomorrow and find out what is happening and whether she is continuing, I will also ask her to email me addresses or email everyone with mine, if she doesn't want to continue.

In the meantime do you want to email me details of what book you have and what you have put in and we can try and match up? my email is burngatefarm at googlemail dot co dot uk.

Anyone else still in either email me or add your name to the list.

BecauseImWorthIt Mon 13-Jul-09 22:52:05

Have e-mailed you (and MamaG!)

Definitely still in.

MamaG Mon 13-Jul-09 22:54:39

Hi Five! Yes Ithink I will rejoin. I'm also surprised that your DS is 1, that has flown! How is he doing?

BabyG is 8 months now (shock) and thriving, a very big boy (29lb something 2 weeks ago!) but long too, so in proportion. DH's self employment is going well, I quite like doing the books (I have an organised mind grin)

I have emailed you

thegrowlygus Tue 14-Jul-09 07:54:48

Hello - still here although don't have a book at the moment as sent 2 onto Leoleo last time and the last one from kslatts never got here

I will e mail you!

thegrowlygus Tue 14-Jul-09 08:02:05

Oh - had a deliverer failure thingy! My e mail is kpotts at hotmail dot co dot uk

BecauseImWorthIt Tue 14-Jul-09 08:46:35

I've just had a delivery failure message as well, FiveGoMad!

My e-mail is thestarrs at btconnect dot com

FiveGoMadInDorset Tue 14-Jul-09 13:26:54

oops blush dot com, but have your email addresses thank you.

FiveGoMadInDorset Tue 14-Jul-09 14:30:02

Growlygus - I have emailed you but also keeps bouncing back, I had the wrong ending on mine, burngatefarm at googlemail dot com or you could also try sophweld1 at aol dot com.

FiveGoMadInDorset Thu 30-Jul-09 16:20:24

I emailed you all for addresses and kslatts isf you want to be in burngatefarm at googlemail dot com

BecauseImWorthIt Fri 31-Jul-09 23:11:54

As it's 1 August tomorrow, and we're supposed to be sending on our books - who am I sending to?!

I'm off on holiday on Thursday, so need to send/receive before then.

FiveGoMadInDorset Sat 01-Aug-09 12:53:44

I emailed everyone asking for addresses and no one emailed back so don't know if you got them, we can delay until after you get back so that we are properly organised.

BecauseImWorthIt Sat 01-Aug-09 15:51:50

So is this quiche just down to you and me?!

FiveGoMadInDorset Sat 01-Aug-09 16:58:12

MamaG and Growlygus aswell I think.

thegrowlygus Mon 03-Aug-09 07:41:23

I am still here - just a bit overwhelmed with putting the house on the market this week! So when shall we start?

BecauseImWorthIt Mon 03-Aug-09 12:36:31

Can we postpone until 1 September? I go on holiday on Thursday, then when we get back I have a week to get ready for my birthday party on 30 August (as well as, annoyingly, having to work that week!) - so I won't get a chance to read the book I will have received!

FiveGoMadInDorset Mon 03-Aug-09 19:44:40

1st September would be great, Lets get summer holidays out of the way, if you could email me your addresses at burngatefarm at googlemail dot com then I will get a list sorted.

Happy holidays

BecauseImWorthIt Tue 04-Aug-09 14:29:29

You've got mine, Five, haven't you?!

thegrowlygus Tue 01-Sep-09 14:11:03

Book posted.
Feel smug.

<preen>

But - I want this one back so it BETTER make it all the way round!!

GG

PS - what are we doing about threads about the books this time?

BecauseImWorthIt Wed 02-Sep-09 19:41:49

I have been away since early yesterday so didn't post my book - will make sure I do so tomorrow.

YouLukaAmazing Wed 02-Sep-09 19:55:56

Message withdrawn

FiveGoMadInDorset Thu 03-Sep-09 12:13:25

BIWI, mine is going in the post today.

Any thoughts on how we want the discussion threads to go?

MamaG Fri 04-Sep-09 09:54:01

I'm posting today ... honest blush

<runs off>

I think we have to do individual threads for books, as if we wait utnil we've all read them it will be 5 months away!

oh and can we please be "Tart Book Club" as we aren't big enough for a quiche grin

<<frantically rummages in bookcase>>

BecauseImWorthIt Fri 04-Sep-09 13:26:53

Have posted mine today.

A thread per book is a good one - are we going to keep the titles 'secret' like before or just be open about what they are?

The advantage of them being open is that we can comment if we've read the book previously as well.

I have no objections to being a tart ...

MamaG Fri 04-Sep-09 14:11:14

open is ok for me - I found the old way a bit confusing, don't know which idiot thought of that!

FiveGoMadInDorset Sat 05-Sep-09 15:25:04

OK so thread per book as before but with the title in the thread title.

Will do mine and the book I have got.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now