Talk

Advanced search

Thingamy Take 2 - special extra book M by SL

(5 Posts)
TrillianAstra Thu 25-Jun-09 14:11:38

Our 'circle' has been beset by tragedy, plague, and pregnancy (and other things that are not condusive to reading and posting books).

So I have posted a random book to Squilly, who will hopefully read it and send it to someone else who seems keen, and we can discuss it.

Read no further unless you've seen teh book: here be spoilers (probably).

It's going in the post today!

TrillianAstra Thu 25-Jun-09 14:12:25

I thought it was nice and MN-y, particularly the event in the past that led to all of the events in the book (mysterious)

squilly Thu 25-Jun-09 14:15:13

Oooh...intrigued now. Can't wait to get it! Thank you Will read/post on as soon as I can.

squilly Wed 22-Jul-09 21:27:36

Hi TillianAstra (or should I call you Dr now?)

First...apologies if the spelling on here is awful. I'm back on old lappie with sticky keyboard. It particulary dislikes 'i's (had to go back several times to do properly)and isn't fond of spaces either

Right...the randombook. I saw it and my heart sank a bit as I thought it was going to be mislit type stuff, but opened it and started it anyway.

It built up quite nicely. The pace was good,the reading was nice and easy. I swayed between thnking one of the main female characters was victim or villain. I never thougt she'd been bumped off by her DH..I liked him from the beginning, but I did think maybe she was a goner.

Once smallfry surfaced, I thought he'd be taken before you could blink. Thought the bit where the two female characters met with smallfry in the room was excrucatingly tense.

By the end I really liked the poor tortured woman and wanted her to stay, partly for the sake of her dd, partly bcause I got quite fond of her.

Sad git that I am I cried at the end, so was clearly very readable and engaging.

If anyone else would like it let us know.

Trillian...I have a couple of books here I've just finished: Eva Rice, Lost Art of Keeping Secrets (which was perfectly readable) and The Awakening, Kelley Armstrong. This is a second in a series of supernatural books, but I'm sure I read somewhere that you like our sci fic/fantasy so if you've read the others, or fancy getting them from the library or something, I'll happily post these on to you?

Just let me know if you want both or either of them I'll wait to see if the extra book gets a request and I'll forward that on too, with your blessing DrT.

Might not be able to answer any messages tomorrow though as we're off on a holiday trip to Durham for a couple of days. Will sort as soon as I get back though.

shootfromthehip Sat 31-Oct-09 19:47:41

I'm always desperate to get a book so let me know if you could post it on to me too please!! Muchas gracias xx

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now