Talk

Advanced search

QUICHE BOOK CLUB - TS by CA

(3 Posts)
ellceeell Tue 31-Mar-09 16:21:36

I couldn't find a thread about this - though I didn't look very hard blush. I quite enjoyed it, found it readable ....... but...... I'm not even really sure why I've written "but" - I suppose it didn't grab me or make me want to read more books by the same author. I thought the outcome was almost too easy? simplistic? I dunno. Someone else read it and tell me what you think!

FiveGoMadInDorset Mon 06-Apr-09 10:32:55

I have to agree, it wasn't bad but didn't set the world on fire for me. I found it actually very sterotypical which was quite dull and also I didn't like the ending, it was too trite and nice.

BecauseImWorthIt Sat 30-May-09 21:35:11

Oh. blush I really enjoyed this book. I started out thinking it was just chick lit, but actually the writing/philosophies behind it were not as shallow as that.

And the ending oould have gone either way, quite credibly, which I thought was very interesting.

A good exposition of the tensions in relationships between family members and lovers, I thought.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now