Talk

Advanced search

2nd Chaper, part 2..... MegBusset's book

(8 Posts)
Jas Mon 03-Nov-08 20:41:47

andyrobo237 Mon 01-Dec-08 21:38:07

Meg - sorry I just couldnt get into this book at all - not sure if it was the words that I didnt understand, or the style of writing, or the conditions I am reading the book in (in half light in DS's room while he drops off!). It started off interesting, but was not for me!

EachPeachPearMum Tue 30-Dec-08 02:54:06

Well- I thought I was going to hate this... but I actually really enjoyed it!
It is very surreal, but the characters are fabulous.
Lots of words I didn't understand blush but some great descriptions, situations etc.
Difficult to tell where 'reality' leaves off and fantasy takes over, but that's not really too much of a problem.

janeite Wed 04-Feb-09 22:35:35

I enjoyed this hugely, although it took me much longer to read than a book that size would normally - I think because it wasn't "calling" me and making me want to finish it in the way that a more plot-driven novel would, so I was only really reading it at bed time.

I loved the characters of W, F and L and thought some of the writing was wonderful: bawdy and shocking and hilarious, with the most amazing little sound-bite bites that made me keep nodding in agreement.

Great fun - a hit, thanks Meg.

BandMeeting Wed 04-Mar-09 20:11:38

Well, I've finished it.

I also felt it wasn't calling to me.

I was a bit disappointed as it should be the kind of thing I would like, but it just all felt a bit disjointed and random - like too many short stories whacked together rather than one planned out big one iyswim. I also had to look up half the words blush

wheresthehamster Mon 06-Apr-09 23:58:02

Enjoyed what little I read. I'm going to buy a copy and finish it at my leisure

Jas Sun 31-May-09 22:29:50

I think I'm going to have to admit defeat on this one. I just couldn't get into it at all.

Reading everyone else's comments I'm now confused. Admittedly it has taken almost a month for me to read just over 100 pages, but I don't think there were words I didn't understand in it......

I will try again for a few more days but unless it suddenly inspires me, I won't be at all bothered by not finishing it.

Sorry, Meg.

yogabird Fri 04-Sep-09 20:49:37

sorry, I didn't like it either - just didn't care about any of the characters sad

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now