Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

2nd Chaper, part 2..... Cyanarasamba's book

(9 Posts)
Jas Mon 03-Nov-08 20:41:11

MegBusset Tue 02-Dec-08 20:14:33

I have got off to a bit of a slow start with the first book blush. Real Life has got in the way of having much time to read this month, and I'm afraid the book hasn't really grabbed me enough to spend all my spare time whizzing through it. I do like the writing style but just not grabbed by the story (in fact I'm not quite sure what the story is supposed to be) or characters.

So I'm posting it on to the next person, and making a fresh start on the next book!

andyrobo237 Mon 12-Jan-09 21:11:44

HHmmm - not sure about this book - it was easy to read / follow, but like Meg says, I was not sure what the story was. It was interesting - and I managed to read 1/3 of it in the Gym on the treadmill!!

EachPeachPearMum Sat 31-Jan-09 21:19:38

I liked all the characterisation, but something about the plot or execution left me cold- why couldn't he find his own mother? It annoyed me.

His first book had really rave reviews, so I might try that sometime...

janeite Sat 31-Jan-09 21:35:02

Is this the one you've just passed onto me?

If so, I've read his first one and hated it!

EachPeachPearMum Sat 31-Jan-09 21:41:57

grin Oh well- you may want to give this a miss then...

EachPeachPearMum Sat 31-Jan-09 21:42:11

You have email btw....

wheresthehamster Fri 08-May-09 08:15:21

I felt a bit depressed reading this book - mainly with Eleanor's life. I kept reading because I wanted a happy ending!

Jas Sun 21-Jun-09 15:49:58

I liked this onesmile I liked the style of writing and the social history presentation throughout, and even the ending wasn't a disappointment for me.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now