Talk

Advanced search

2nd Chaper, part 2..... Bookswapper's book

(21 Posts)
Jas Mon 03-Nov-08 20:39:29

yogabird Wed 19-Nov-08 22:06:27

sorry - marmite yum grin this book, for me yuk! Just too disjointed and contemporary and I didn't care about the characters blush

cyanarasamba Tue 13-Jan-09 19:11:58

Got half-way through but time to post and no desire to read any further - sorry! I would be interested to know what happens (if anything), who this Amber person is, but I really wan't enjoying it enough to persevere.

Anyone kind enough to fill me in?

Tamarto Tue 13-Jan-09 19:17:33

Who knows she maybe a secret MNetter and they said that in the article to provide us with this thread grin

Tamarto Tue 13-Jan-09 19:18:26

Sorry that was for another thread.

MegBusset Fri 13-Feb-09 21:00:30

I was really enjoying this actually, but ran out of time and had to post it on! Got about halfway through, so will see if I can get it from the library to finish it.

andyrobo237 Mon 09-Mar-09 10:41:58

I read it all and it all made sense at the end, just wish I had time to read it again, just make sure I understood it! I have looked at some reviews of this book and cans ee that you either like it or not! I kind of liked it eventually, but not enough to read any others of hers! I did work out who Amber was by the end though! grin

EachPeachPearMum Tue 24-Mar-09 20:17:49

I have got to page 7 so far... and am shock shock shock

Flame, Jas, and Janeite will find out why when they get this book [mysterious emoticon]

Jas Tue 24-Mar-09 22:34:31

Intrigued......

janeite Thu 26-Mar-09 20:25:10

Amber? Off to Google as I think I may know which book you're talking about.

Okay - yes, have read it (if it's the same Amber).

I hated it, I'm afraid!

EachPeachPearMum Thu 26-Mar-09 21:06:01

So you've read it? And you didn't warn me about naming DS??????? shock I hadn't read it, and had no idea. Hope Mary and Pat aren't laughing their heads off blush
Well, at least I won't have to worry about hurrying up to post grin (we are talking about TA by AS here....)

EachPeachPearMum Thu 26-Mar-09 21:06:42

btw- I'm really enjoying it smile

Jas Thu 26-Mar-09 23:07:54

So now I've had to spend ages trying to work out what the book is.....Once I found it I did smile at your ds EPPM

EachPeachPearMum Fri 27-Mar-09 06:17:53

sorry blush you could have just asked on other thread, or emailed/texted me! wink

Jas Fri 27-Mar-09 08:20:55

I would have if I hadn't found itgrin I took it as a challenge.

janeite Fri 27-Mar-09 17:11:57

Oh dear! Yes, I've read it! And no, I didn't warn you - what could I have said?!!!

Then again, some people assume dd1 is named after the super-model (as if!) which would really not be a good sign either, unless I wanted her to become excellent at community service and lashing out at photographers.

I think any names except Cain, Adolf, Saddam, Genghis and Myra are probably open to use, whatever links they may have with certain characters.

EachPeachPearMum Fri 27-Mar-09 19:33:16

smile It's not just that ds has the name... it's that both my dc have their names!!!

Though for DS... that was the only name we had come up with.

Isn't a little odd that Myra is completely unusable, but Ian continued to be a popular name? (well, until the 80s I suppose, it dies out a little them)

Sadly, I know lots of 'Cain's too hmm

janeite Fri 27-Mar-09 22:20:03

OMG - had forgotten the name of the other character! shock

I've taught a couple of Cains. Also a Genghis Khan!

EachPeachPearMum Sat 28-Mar-09 06:00:59

What am I saying? For dd too.... that was the only name we came up with! grin

wheresthehamster Sun 31-May-09 10:38:50

I sadly gave up on this book after two chapters. Amber wasn't intriguing me enough to find out more and I found it hard work to keep reading. I don't like giving up and may try it again in the future when I'm more receptive.

Jas Mon 21-Sep-09 21:42:42

I read to the bitter end of this one, but only because it was a book club book. Really didn't connect to it at all.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now