Talk

Advanced search

2nd Chapter, part 2....Jas' book

(8 Posts)
Jas Mon 03-Nov-08 20:35:20

mybabysinthegarden Sun 28-Dec-08 15:33:47

I chose finishing this over sleep when I got near the end! I really enjoyed this though found myself, er, skimming over some of the more esoteric philosophising. But it's a really original book-- I loved the visual descriptions and 'rules' of the Troposphere, and the sheer randomness of Ariel having to go and save the world's lab mice before going on to save the world. I'd have like to known more of what happened in the 'real' world at the end, and also, I didn't understand why the Troposphere wasn't destroyed after she had Lumas burn the book but overall a witty and gripping read.

Jas Sun 28-Dec-08 17:53:58

grin Glad you liked it.

Jas Tue 24-Mar-09 22:35:37

No one else has any comment at all?sad

yogabird Fri 03-Apr-09 20:53:00

I couldn't get into it - had two this month - tried the one with black edged pages first and found that i just didn't care about the girl and the book and whether it was cursed or not so went on to yours and couldn't be doing with that either - I haven't liked any of them so far this year and have only finished one which then proceeded to give me nightmares sad HAve just read what mybabys wrote and realised that black pages was yours - whose was the other...muses...hmmm?

andirobo Mon 01-Jun-09 21:47:25

I enjoyed this book - but for some bizarre reason I thought that Ariel was a boy for over half the book - just a gay bloke! I was quite astounded when it dawned on me that 'he' was a 'she'!

This book moved along very fast, and would proabably need reading twice to fully appreciate the full tale.

The mice seemed to be a common theme throughoue the Troposphere, and I do think that this book makes you 'think' about the world and how things are - maybe we all live in this dream world!

I dont usually read books like this - more of a sci-fi book, but this one was fab!

Jas Sun 07-Jun-09 22:12:12

lol @ gender changing Arielsmile

It isn't really my normal type of book, either (dp bought it in a random way for my birthday) but I enjoyed it, too.

wheresthehamster Sat 05-Sep-09 14:32:56

Loved this book until about three-quarters of the way through then couldn't get interested in it again. I then skim-read until the last few pages. I think it was all the explanations of how the Troposphere worked that confused me!

Good choice though, thanks Jas

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now