Talk

Advanced search

*HELP* Has anyone got a copy of 'Twilight' by Stephanie Meyer?

(18 Posts)
DisenchantedPlusBump Wed 13-Aug-08 21:51:08

In great condition?

I have been borrowing books from my cousin, she has a million of them, she keeps them all perfectly and really looks after them, I've borrowed about 10 up to now without any thing going wrong but I borrowed this book and one of my litle darlings got their hands on it and shoved it down the back of the couch.

The spine is wrecked and all the pages bent.

Anyone have a copy they have finished with and do you want to swap it for something? (would buy her a new one but haven't got spare ££)

DisenchantedPlusBump Wed 13-Aug-08 21:52:32

its this one, thanks

Candlewax Wed 13-Aug-08 21:53:53

Have you tried bookmooch?
Here is a link.bookmooch.com/

I have had loads of books from them and mostly in brilliant condition.

Give it a go.smile

DisenchantedPlusBump Wed 13-Aug-08 22:59:11

I don't actually have many books to 'swap' as I gave them all away and have been borrowing new ones to read from my cousin.

the book is cheap on Amazon, about £2.50 but then the postage takes it up to the cover price anyway!

DisenchantedPlusBump Thu 14-Aug-08 09:11:20

x

Flamesparrow Mon 18-Aug-08 18:00:49

I have an untouched copy Have you still got the wrecked one? If it is still readable without falling apart I'm happy to swap for my shiny new one

Oh, and go read The Host next wink

DisenchantedPlusBump Tue 19-Aug-08 20:28:06

Hi Flame,

I bough her a new copy!!

the 4th book Breaking Dawn was on sale in WH Smith for £9.99 BOGOF so I bought her that as a thanks for being my own personal library and got Twilight free grin

Just finished the 3rd book and am waiting for my cousin to finish the 4th, Im dying to read it. Ive gone through the first 3 in a week or so and am now sat here with nothing to do until shes finished!

<<impatient>>

I'll read the host after this 4th one, Im really into them, I nearly called DH 'Edward' blush

Is the host a completely different storyline/series Im guessing?

Thanks so much for your kind offer, at least this way I've got the 4th one to read too.

Libra Tue 19-Aug-08 20:32:25

Can I just say that you are going to LOVE Breaking Dawn.
Me, DS1 and the au pair just fought over who would read it next.
I finished it last night.
Excellent.

DisenchantedPlusBump Tue 19-Aug-08 20:39:57

Oooh don't libra! grin I really am impatient and feel like going and buying it tomorrow rather than waiting a few days to get it off my cousin.

I get like this, DH finds it infuriating, lol. He doesn't share my love of reading ... or Edward grin

Libra Tue 19-Aug-08 20:41:37

Oh well I don't care that much for Edward either to be frank.

But Jakob....

DisenchantedPlusBump Tue 19-Aug-08 20:54:16

Urggh no, Jakobs horrid! shock

He winds them up so much, I do feel for him, but he's so manipulative and selfish, I think.

Its a great set of books.

Libra Tue 19-Aug-08 21:05:47

Actually, Jakob is wonderful.

He is tall, dark, handsome, strong and - what is that extra ingredient - Oh yes, ALIVE.

Although not as rich as Edward, I will admit.

DisenchantedPlusBump Tue 19-Aug-08 21:10:03

Pmsl @ alive.

I've never been fond of dogs wink

No Edwards much more mysterious and alluring.

Flamesparrow Tue 19-Aug-08 22:02:08

I was in love with Jacob by the end of eclipse. BD is fabulous

Have you read the first chapter of Midnight Sun???

I am a bit relieved you bought a new one, i borrowed them all originally and then bought them, so it would have made my set less pretty blush

DisenchantedPlusBump Wed 20-Aug-08 10:11:34

Hehe,

I'm going to have to buy them myself, I'm really begrudging handing them back over, its been ages since I've enjoyed a book so much.

Thats 5 who fell in love with Jacob (Including my cousin, sister and Aunt) to just me who loves Edward! Is there something wrong with me?? hmm grin

DisenchantedPlusBump Wed 20-Aug-08 10:12:34

Oh so theres going to be ANOTHER one after Breaking Dawn?? <<gets embarrassingly over excited>>

Flamesparrow Wed 20-Aug-08 10:18:28

Nah, my mate (who I borrowed them from) loves Edward still.

Go to www.stepheniemeyer.com and look for the midnight sun chapter - it is Twilight told from Edward's perspective

DisenchantedPlusBump Wed 20-Aug-08 12:03:00

Wow, just read it, can't wait for that one Thanks!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now