CocoDeBearisCocoDeBear Sat 02-Feb-08 20:05:50

grin

Psychomum5 Sat 02-Feb-08 20:06:45

beginning to get it now......grin

CocoDeBearisCocoDeBear Sat 02-Feb-08 20:07:26

Hurray!

Psychomum5 Sat 02-Feb-08 20:07:37

I liked this by the way.....my book that iswink

read it all in one day, which was why I decided it was to be the ne to send to everyone!

FlameNFurter Sat 02-Feb-08 23:23:44

I want time to read more than a page at a time <sob>

(Well, not several pages at the same time, lots in one session wink)

FlameNFurter Wed 06-Feb-08 21:00:48

Psychomum5 Sat 01-Mar-08 21:08:29

awwwwww

hugs

sorry

was still a good book IMO

FlossieTCake Sun 27-Jul-08 23:10:20

So glad you have 'fessed up on the main thread, Psycho

This has been on my "want-to-read" list for aaaaaaages so I was so pleased to get it, and it was a really, really good read.

I was particularly impressed at the way the author makes Tess a believable teenager. Lesser writers might have been tempted to turn her into a complete saint, but I wanted to slap her for most of the book - the monumental self-obsession of a teenager focused through the prism of imminent mortality is a pretty lethal combination.

Worth it for the last 50 pages alone - I thought this had the most incredible ending of any book I have ever read and I was sobbing buckets.

Cocodrillo Thu 31-Jul-08 18:14:59

I was delighted to receive this book, as I'd been interested in reading it for a while, but was concerned it might be too childish or too mawkish. But it was neither.

The ending was really moving. All the way through I wondered how the author was going to tackle the inevitable death scene - and she handled it really really well. The language was beautiful, without being overly sentimental.

Tessa was no saint, in fact she was often a total PITA, but the book really brought home the utter unfairness of her diagnosis, and the tragic waste of such a young life.

squilly Wed 15-Oct-08 20:44:43

I looked at this and groaned slightly (sorry) as I'm not a fan of mislit, but this was strangely uplifting. I loved it.

It was very simply written and, as you say, the main character was sometimes a PITA, but the story was totally believable. It was sweet without being saccharine; sad without being morbid. I read it in one sitting.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now