Talk

Advanced search

Second chapter: Megbussett's book

(9 Posts)
mybabysinthegarden Fri 18-Jan-08 15:49:08

buongiorno!

blanki Wed 06-Feb-08 21:22:09

Well Meg! Was so excited about getting your book! At first very taken with short chapters, perfect for a moment of sanity. Unless it is this book! Bizarre, yes. As it says on the book, ABSURD , I think so! Loved it. Couldn't put it down. Not sure if I missed ALL the levels , or only just some of them. It made me think about things in a slightly different way. This is the most I can ask of a book. As in meeting an inspiring person, and having alot to think about. I have met a new friend in words. Thank you.

MegBusset Wed 06-Feb-08 22:33:52

So glad you enjoyed it

blanki Wed 06-Feb-08 22:49:02

Cheers, happy reading, what will you think of mine!?

EachPeachPearMum Mon 03-Mar-08 20:54:51

Just arrived today- am very excited- I have wanted to read this for ages!!! grin

wheresthehamster Thu 17-Apr-08 18:17:06

Oh god I didn't get it blush. Someone literary please explain it to me!

I enjoyed reading it, especially the escalating riots and the way the author personally addressed the reader at various times. But didn't get the woman's dreams and got fed up with the writer's obsessions.

Am just off to google and find out a bit more....

Jas Tue 17-Jun-08 21:53:33

Did you find anything out Wheresthehamster?

I didn't really enjoy reading itblush I like more of an actual story.
Sorry. I know I am showing my ignorance here, but just found the writer irritating.

I really didn't like the style at all. I suspect if I'd heard it read aloud on the radio I'd have got on better with it, but I really didn't like the repetative nature of it

MegBusset Sun 02-Nov-08 18:43:14

Did anyone else get my book?

cyanarasamba Tue 04-Nov-08 12:58:27

I enjoyed it although I've never read anything like it before.

I feel I made the mistake of being carried along by the "pace" of the writing and wanting to get to the end and find out what happened. As I read it so quickly I'm not sure I had time to appreciate many nuances of meaning. Not decided whether to go back and read it again though, I have quite a few other tempting books on my pile at the moment.

It reminded me of a piece of modern art, not conventially attractive, but each element placed precisely for a certain effect.

Did I miss something though - why was the sombrero white at the end when it was black earlier on??

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now