Talk

Advanced search

QUICHE BOOK CLUB- TL&TOTTK by BB

(5 Posts)
twofishes Thu 10-Jan-08 23:00:11

I discovered this Author when I was at college (many moons ago) and loved his 'regular' books they made me smile and even laugh out load on trains (v.annoying!)..this is different from his usual style but I really enjoyed it as I have a child with a similar imagination, think it will be one that will either bore you to tears or you'll really enjoy...Feeling very nervous about it !!!

FluffyMummy123 Fri 11-Jan-08 11:20:29

Message withdrawn

IdrisTheDragon Wed 30-Apr-08 09:23:10

I received this today - have read it already but am looking forward to reading it again smile.

seeker Thu 01-May-08 10:56:50

I was looking forward to this because it was the only Bill Bryson I had never read. I was a bit disappointed, I think - it seemed a bit bland compared to his travel stuff. I think I like him when he's a bit more barbed!

Loved the warm, very humand memories of his family, though. I wonder why he never talks about his brother and sister. Do you think they said "Put us in a book and DIE!"

I'm really sorry you got it so late, Idris. I thought I had posted it, then I found it in the h=boot of the car blush

MamaG Sat 02-Aug-08 17:54:54

I have to confess that I found it bored me to tears blush

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now