Talk

Advanced search

Nuffaluff's book - TAOTA35 by GMB

(3 Posts)
newroundhere Thu 01-Aug-19 17:23:29

I actually found this one quite a struggle to read as I too couldn't find much to like about any of the characters. I had to force myself to keep reading to the end. I felt like not a lot happened really and I didn't really care what did. I think maybe I struggled with the role of the narrator moving between characters? Also I found the preamble and epilogue about the "author" a bit confusing.

It's definitely the sort of book I would have picked up to read but I don't think I would have finished it if I wasn't reading for this.

Pashazade Wed 01-May-19 17:20:38

I couldn't decide on this book. It is well written, sense of place is very good and it's very evocative. The characters on the other hand were just so self absorbed and I really struggled to like or care about any of them. It's also quite meandering so I found myself getting bored half way through. The last third is excellent in terms of pacing. I find it interesting that it's is billed as a mystery as that part of the story is really very minor but I'm not sure what you'd label it as otherwise. Not an author I will follow up, although I can sort of see why it has the rave reviews, but it's just not to my taste. smile

clairethewitch70 Mon 15-Apr-19 13:44:23

Please put your reviews here.

Join the discussion

Registering is free, quick, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Get started »