Talk

Advanced search

RKay2's book - LFE by CN

(3 Posts)
clairethewitch70 Mon 15-Apr-19 13:34:57

Please put reviews here.

cricketmum84 Sun 12-May-19 16:13:48

Really enjoyed this book. I felt a connection with almost every character, I liked the ones I was meant to like and I liked the ones I wasn't meant to like. The characters are complex and you see good and bad sides to most of them.

What bothered me about this book was the ending. It felt rushed and unformulated, like the author had only a certain number of words to finish off the story but too many loose ends to tie up. I came away from the end of the book feeing almost unfulfilled. Like there should be a short sequel just to finalise everything properly for me.

I understand that this is a good thing for some people and there are some readers that enjoy this sort of ending, however I am not one of those people! I like clear cut finalised endings for each character and feel a little bit lost after finishing!

clairethewitch70 Wed 17-Jul-19 18:10:07

I enjoyed this book too. Re: the ending, I wondered if the author is leaving it open for a sequel.

The only people I liked in this book were Pearl and Mia, everyone else seemed shallow. It had a Big Little Lies kind of vibe to it.

Join the discussion

Registering is free, quick, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Get started »