Talk

Advanced search

Summer Book Swap?

(403 Posts)
KeithLeMonde Thu 24-May-18 16:11:54

Following on from the chat about blind dates with books, speak up here if you fancy doing a book swap.

KeithLeMonde Tue 23-Apr-19 11:41:18

@clairethewitch unfortunately I think that may have been one of the two books that disappeared when one of the group members dropped out 🙁 I'm really sorry

clairethewitch70 Mon 22-Apr-19 15:55:09

I haven't received my book back and would like it please. Elizabeth is missing

tobee Mon 22-Apr-19 15:53:54

Yes thanks @KeithLeMonde. Book back - tick. Happy - tick.

KeithLeMonde Mon 22-Apr-19 13:01:23

@badtasteflump I'm so sorry, I've only just seen your message. I have your book and will post it back to you.

Is everyone happy and got their books back if requested? If so I will delete the spreadsheet with the addresses.

Thanks everyone for taking part. I know we lost a couple of books but it worked much better than the last one I took part in, which completely fell apart after a few months. I read some very interesting books so thank you all.

tobee Mon 01-Apr-19 20:23:26

Oh whoops yeah I was gin & Tolstoy. Was thinking you were in my group claire blush

clairethewitch70 Mon 01-Apr-19 15:22:56

tobee which group were you in -it was death by chocolit, book 7

tobee Mon 01-Apr-19 15:01:44

Elizabeth is Missing was missing for me on the book swap! shockshockshock

Badtasteflump Mon 01-Apr-19 13:56:03

I would like mine back too please - it's One True Thing - thanks.

clairethewitch70 Mon 01-Apr-19 13:40:12

Could i have ELizabeth is missing back please, my DM wants to read it.

justcheese Fri 22-Mar-19 19:45:24

If I could have my book back, that would be great. I haven't read it yet!

Many thanks

diamantegal Thu 21-Mar-19 22:22:09

Happy for mine to be charity shopped - think it's Gin and Tolstoy book 4.

Badtasteflump Wed 20-Mar-19 11:45:23

Just wanted to ask - are we posting the last books back or did some people ask for them to be donated on to Charity shops? I'm not sure if I should be sending my last one back or not.

I would like mine back if that's ok - it's Gin & Tolstoy book 3 if that helps?

clairethewitch70 Mon 18-Mar-19 16:37:54

I loved being part of this. I have not received my book back. EIM - EH. Could it be sent back please my DM wants to borrow it. Are we swapping groups or has the swap now ended?

justcheese Sun 17-Mar-19 20:34:24

Really enjoyed being part of this. Many thanks KeithLeMonde.

diamantegal Fri 08-Mar-19 17:16:29

I'm all done with my last book, so just wanted to say a big thank you to @KeithLeMonde for organising. It's been really good fun, and I've read lots of different books that I've never heard of, so thank you to everyone for your choices!

diamantegal Sat 23-Feb-19 00:38:27

@Chewbecca I bought my mum the new Robert Galbraith for Christmas, and apparently it's made its way round her entire book club (and yet not to me... hmm). So hopefully good things await - she wouldn't tell me any more!

Chewbecca Fri 22-Feb-19 22:00:54

flowers Keith

KeithLeMonde Fri 22-Feb-19 21:25:19

@chewbecca I think I have that one and will happily send on 😊

tobee Fri 22-Feb-19 14:10:28

@KeithLeMonde thank you so much for putting in the legwork to set this up!

Chewbecca Thu 21-Feb-19 18:47:42

Not sure who posts to me but I would like to receive Book A from Death by Choc Lit when the current reader is finished with if please. My book was the lost one so I have not actually read the replacement book, nor do I even know what it is!

I've really enjoyed the swap but, like others, I am dropping out for now as have a backlog of other books I want to read (the new Robert Galbraith and next in the Seven Sisters series for a start). I would be up for another in future though.

Thanks all.

iloveredwine Thu 21-Feb-19 14:32:07

got my book and chocolate today thanks

Badtasteflump Sun 17-Feb-19 21:55:27

Thanks Keith - posted mine on Thursday - looking forward to receiving my next book but also a bit sad it’s the last sad

clairethewitch70 Sat 16-Feb-19 20:34:17

Please could I have my book returned, my DM wants to read it. EIM by EH. Thanks

Fizzywinegum Fri 15-Feb-19 15:54:26

I’ll be posting mine tomorrow - sorry for the delay.

I’m happy for my book to be given to charity when it gets to the final person.

I’ve enjoyed being part of the book swap and am pleased that we managed to keep it going. However I’m looking forward to concentrating on reading books that I’ve chosen so will be bowing out after I get my last book.

diamantegal Thu 14-Feb-19 22:48:05

Pants, this dropped off my "threads I'm on" and I'd completely lost track of dates because of the mid month thing - good job I saw it in active. Will post at the weekend - apologies that it'll be slightly late.

Join the discussion

Registering is free, quick, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Get started »