Talk

Advanced search

Nov 2017 - JorlyWood's book

(6 Posts)
JorlyWood Fri 24-Nov-17 20:54:37

Thread to discuss JorlyWood's book.

clairethewitch70 Mon 08-Jan-18 18:06:56

Read this book. Really enjoyed it, but it was not something I would normally pick up - different genre to what I normally read. Now I am thinking about seeking more books by this author. Did not realise that he wrote some of the most popular sci-fi movies.

JorlyWood Mon 08-Jan-18 18:38:31

I'm glad you enjoyed it. If you want to pm me for some more suggestions by the same author feel free. Yes his books inspired a lot of films but I don't think the films have the same feel about them. The recent tv series based on his short stories almost captures the same atmosphere and would recommend that if you haven't already watched it.

clairethewitch70 Tue 09-Jan-18 11:45:41

Jorly - My husband watched the series, I didn't. He said it was really good. Will try and find it on catchup.

It is claimed the author wrote the book whilst high on drugs, who am I to disagree smile

JorlyWood Tue 09-Jan-18 12:03:35

The author wrote almost all of his books whilst high on drugs. His story is very sad actually. Lots of death and mental health problems.

mailfuckoff Tue 20-Feb-18 03:23:10

I loved this. Its a genre I enjoy but not read anything of his before. Thanks for adding this to the mix.

Join the discussion

Registering is free, quick, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Get started »