Talk

Advanced search

A novel bunch - Mariqui's book

(5 Posts)
Mariqui Mon 20-Jun-16 22:01:28

Hello! Here is the thread for talking about my book. I chose this one because I think it has some interesting points about relationships, forgiveness and love. I wasn't sure I entirely enjoyed the book, but great to see what other people think.

desperatelyseekingcaffeine Mon 20-Jun-16 22:44:20

I enjoyed it a lot more than I thought I was going to. Not my normal type of book though I know some friends and family had raved about the others by this author.

I liked the ideas behind the story exploring how our choices affect our relationships for good or bad, and taking responsibility for those choices not blaming others.

I'd certainly read the others by him now so thank you!

iloveredwine Sat 06-Aug-16 20:31:21

It took me a while to warm up to the main character but I did enjoy this book. I have read this authors other book for another book club and is interesting to see the difference.

jobnockey Wed 28-Sep-16 13:39:32

This a was an enjoyable quick read. I perhaps found it quite poignant as I lost my dad a couple of years back. We’d grown apart over the years, so could relate to that feeling of wanting one more day to say a few things to him. It was also comforting however, to think that however selfish and horrible I may have been in my younger years, parents forgive. From the perspective of being a mum, I can identify with that sort of unconditional love and understanding…

I’ve not read any of this authors other books but might give them a go now.

JennyWreny Thu 13-Oct-16 17:12:47

Sorry, again I finished the book a while ago and didn't update the thread.

I had noticed this book on lists of bestsellers that I had looked at in the past, so was pleased to see it when I opened my post. It's a very interesting subject - very thought provoking.

I really enjoyed it and was interested by the relationship between the two main characters.

Thanks for choosing it!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now