A Novel Bunch - iloveredwines book

(4 Posts)
iloveredwine Mon 20-Jun-16 16:19:17

I hope you enjoy this book. I read it a while ago now for another book club and we all really enjoyed it. smile

JennyWreny Fri 29-Jul-16 12:47:11

Sorry, I've just realised I didn't add my review when I got back from holiday, so here it is -

Thanks for choosing this book. I have read books from this genre a long while ago, but not recently, so it made a nice change from my usual reading. I like the quick moving nature of the plot and it didn’t take me long to get into the book, often not wanting to put it down as eager to find out what was happening next. There were definitely points where I wasn’t 100% sure I knew what was going on, but I just read through those bits and managed to piece it all together in the end. I would definitely read more from this genre again now (in fact I’ve got one in mind that someone has recommend to me).

jobnockey Fri 12-Aug-16 09:28:35

I was pleased to get this book as I never, ever choose this type of book for myself and that’s exactly why I wanted to do this book swap.

It was fast paced and exciting, although quite gruesome, I thought, as if it were trying to be deliberately shocking (which it probably was I suppose!) Lots of gadgets and technology which reminded me of James Bond (not that I’ve ever read a James Bond book) .

I think the problem I have overall with this genre is that I have real problems suspending my disbelief and find myself rolling my eyes at some of the far-fetched situations and characters in the book. It all seems so contrived. This is strange however as I read a lot of science fiction and have no problems suspending my disbelief there!

I read it quite quickly, it is a bit of a page turner but I have to admit, I found myself not really caring what happened by the end. I would try further books in the genre but not sure I’d read any more of this series (if it is a series, I could imagine it is).

Also, the central character’s name is Malcolm. Which is not a super secret agents name if you ask me (I know, I know, he’s not a secret agent but he COULD be).

acsec Tue 08-Nov-16 16:08:06

I occasionally read this genre so was quite happy to recieve this book, especially as it was a quick and easy read thanks to the fast paced plot. I managed to read it whilst feeding new DD. I wanted to find out what happened, but found there was quite a bit of extraneous information. The overall story was gritty and a bit gruesome, though not always fully realised.

I did enjoy this book and would probably read more by this author in the future.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now