Talk

Advanced search

Reading between the Wines - Keith's book

(7 Posts)
KeithLeMonde Fri 06-May-16 08:52:34

Hope you enjoy this one smile

This book just pulled me in from the first few paragraphs. I love the writing, it's so evocative of time and place. The plot is surprisingly subtle as well - lots there to think/talk about the choices open to the characters and the decisions they make within those confines.

aristocat Fri 13-May-16 20:22:47

Thanks Keith I have finished your book now and what a charming read for my first book in our circle. It is so beautifully written and has such vivid descriptions you really are taken in.
It is not a book that I would have chosen for myself (this is why I love book swaps ..... you are taken away from your 'comfy reads' and encouraged to try something different). It does have a slow pace but that is not a criticism. My only dislike was that it was too churchy for me but I loved Rs inner turmoil. I did think that he would have acted differently on a few occasions.

Thanks again for a super book smile

KeithLeMonde Mon 16-May-16 14:31:42

Glad you enjoyed it. I love the fact that we will be passing each other books that we would not normally have picked up smile

InsufficientlyCaffeinated Wed 15-Jun-16 17:01:19

I must confess I'm struggling a bit with this one. Really loved the first chapter and the way it described R arriving & the scenery; such beautiful scene setting. All of the descriptions of locations are so evocative but I do feel that's at the expense of plot and character development. Finding it really painfully slow and sometimes wish the author would be less descriptive! Currently reading it in tandem with another book because I want to finish it but also need to read something with a quicker pace to help me along. Sorry!

mailfuckoff Sat 16-Jul-16 06:51:55

I've started reading this. Yes it's slow but I'm getting through it. Will write more when completed.

RufusTheSpartacusReindeer Mon 26-Sep-16 11:16:00

Sorry for the late review

I didn't really get on with this book and didn't finish it

I did think that the writing itself was beautiful, very evocative and descriptive

But i really struggled with the charactors and it was much too slow for me

RufusTheSpartacusReindeer Mon 26-Sep-16 11:16:59

And i agree with you keith

I wouldnt have chosen most of these books but its great to get out of your comfort zone and find new authors

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now